Fixible working hours:
VP, Sourcing Role
About Oak Point Partners
Oak Point Partners is the pre-eminent purchaser of remnant and unknown assets. We utilize our proprietary platform AssetIntelligence360, data mining and recovery channel expertise to provide companies an easy, turnkey way to monetize unknown, remnant or overlooked assets through one simple transaction.
Over the past 15 years, we have purchased these assets from over 2,000 companies and have created significant value across hundreds of thousands of transactions and hundreds of millions of data points.
What does Oak Point Sell Oak Point is a unique business, with a powerful value proposition. Unlike a traditional “sales” process, Oak Point pays the companies upfront for the rights to these remnant assets, and then shares a split of the recoveries. In the short-time Oak Point has operated this model, it has worked with and generated significant value for many of the largest private equity firms in the world. Oak Point is now fully on the exciting journey to do the same for large public and private companies across the US, and with its value proposition, believes the market opportunity is massive.
The ideal candidate will have tenacity and grit to get in front of C-suite executives at midmarket and/or large-cap companies that could qualify as leads. Oak Point will also assist with some lead generation. Getting in front of C-suite executives from these companies will take creativity and perseverance. However, the potential for outsized compensation from these deals is material.
On the Job
• Target and gain access to C-suite executives to lay out the Oak Point value proposition
• Develop and execute a strategy for making deals with assigned leads • Collaborate internally with the Head of Sales and the legal team on deal pricing and terms
• Collaborate with the business data research team to understand and qualify prospective leads
• Regularly update the CFOs at “won” accounts to keep them updated on asset recovery results, while using the positive data to solicit additional referrals to executives at other companies
• Attend conferences and events where CFOs or C-level executives gather • Consistently updating the sales funnel in Salesforce
• Be coachable to enhance skills through ongoing training, and share best practices across the organization
• Be a culture carrier – Oak Point is a tight knit organization with a “get-it-done while having fun” ethos Preferable Skills
• 5+ years of sales or business development experience with significant background selling directly to the C-suite of $100M to $10B+ revenue companies. Can be flexible
• Demonstrated history of exceeding booking and revenue targets
• Significant and proven experience developing relationships with C-level executives • Highly effective presentation and closing skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Dynamic and high-energy self-starter who can think creatively
• Possesses the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting and fastpaced company
• BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience Why Oak Point
• Oak Point’s corporate segment is new within the company – and has grown significantly since inception with its value proposition of upfront payments and proceeds sharing
• Unique opportunity to get in early in a large addressable market segment with the ability to generate significant compensation
Job Title: VP, Sourcing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Base Pay range : $150K to $175K Commission Opportunity: $150K to $500K+ Total Comp Opportunity : $300K to $675K+ Benefits:
• Simple IRA With Matching Contribution • Health insurance • Dental insurance • Paid time off Experience: • Sales: 5+ years or flexible Work Location: • Skokie, IL or Remote
Onboarding time: • 1 month