USA - Nebraska - LincolnPosted Date:
Sep 28 2023
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Haleon is a data driven, fast moving consumer health company. Trusted science is a key driver for what we do and is critical to making correct decisions. The Senior Scientist – Product Chemistry role provide advanced chemistry knowledge and skills to the Quality / Supply Chain network to improve the quality and safety of Haleon products. Supports AS&T, manufacturing sites, CMOs, Toxicology, and R&D in resolving impurity and other chemistry-related issues.
- Works semi-independently or in a team to plan and conduct complex lab experiments including, but not limited to structure elucidation of unknown impurities, synthesis of impurity reference materials, and forced degradation / compatibility studies.
- Utilizes proactive thinking to generate solutions to complex chemistry problems.
- Assists with determination of the root causes for drug degradation and impurities in Haleon products.
- Authors and reviews technical reports, procedures, and other documents.
- Reviews lab notebook entries of other chemists.
- Adheres to applicable GxP processes and procedures, data integrity requirements, and good documentation practices.
- Ensures a safe working environment and adheres to safety policies and procedures.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Bachelor's Degree in a Life Science
5 + years experience in organic chemistry, synthesis and spectroscopy
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS degree (3-5 years experience) or PhD (0-3 years experience) in Organic Chemistry.
- Strong Technical Writing Skills
- Experience with SciFinder and ChemDraw software
- Experience working in international and multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a GxP laboratory environment.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
Haleon offers a robust Total Reward package that consists of competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program. This includes a generous 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and time off programs including 6 months paid parental leave. On day one, you are eligible for benefits, including our healthcare programs where the company pays for the majority of your medical coverage for you and your family. We also offer the opportunity to receive a discretionarybonus based on the achievement of key business performance and other incentive/recognition programs as part of the offering.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.