USA - Nebraska - LincolnPosted Date:
Oct 3 2023
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Haleon is a data driven, fast moving consumer health company.Trusted science is a key driver for what we do and is critical to making correct decisions. The Principal Scientist role will be responsible for assessing, developing, and validating analytical methods to deliver accurate data to ensure our products continue to meet our internal high-quality standards and the expectations of our customers and global health authorities.
- Provides expertise in the areas of Analytical Science and Technology; this may include, but is not limited to method development and validation, structure elucidation of impurities, and analytical instrumentation (installation, qualification, calibration etc.)
- Leads projects in a team environment to meet or exceed established objectives while utilizing proactive thinking to generate creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adheres to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and data integrity requirements, laboratory processes and procedures, and utilizes good documentation practices.
- Supports the Haleon network as a technical SME and leads activities related to analytical methods, instrumentation, as well as troubleshooting and resolving investigations to facilitate solutions to complex challenges.
- Plans and ensures proper execution of analytical experiments using HPLC/UPLC/GC/MS in support of project timelines, and outcomes.
- Act as a role model in creating the continuous improvement culture by leading improvement activities and initiating ideas, encouraging others to put forward new ideas, participating in cross functional improvements projects, coaching & involving team members to understand the need for improvement and encouraging contribution of ideas in safety, quality, and performance.
- Proficient in maintenance and usage of all common analytical instrumentation and serves as management approval for instrument-related incidents. Serves as an instrument owner.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Bachelor's Degree in a Life Science
20 + years experience in method development, chemistry and/or lab instrumentation
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
PhD in Chemistry with 10+ years experience.
Experience in HPLC/UPLC analysis.
Individual should have a strong understanding of advanced chemistry, laboratory instrumentation and calibration, and analytical method development.
This is a highly technical position that will be expected to work autonomously as a project leader accountable for meeting project deliverables.
Haleon offers a robust Total Reward package that consists of competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program. This includes a generous 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and time off programs including 6 months paid parental leave. On day one, you are eligible for benefits, including our healthcare programs where the company pays for the majority of your medical coverage for you and your family. We also offer the opportunity to receive a discretionarybonus based on the achievement of key business performance and other incentive/recognition programs as part of the offering.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.