Richmond SherwoodPosted Date:
Jul 28 2023
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Analytical Chemistry Senior Scientist
Are you energized by a highly collaborative scientific role in chemistry that allows you to impact scientific strategy and accelerate R&D delivery? If so, this role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
Analytical sciences is a specialized discipline providing support for New Product Development via methods, claims and technology development programs that contribute to the growth of the Consumer Health Business.
This role as a Senior Scientist is expected to develop and execute technical strategies in analytical chemistry, within the Haleon R&D organization. This role will be focused on the delivery of innovation via analytical method development/validation and building new analytical capabilities. This role is familiar with HPLC/UPLC, GC and dissolution. The role requires close collaboration scientists in New Product Development, Quality, Supply Chain and Regulatory teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Being an engaged technical expert who leads and executes technical aspects of analytical development with minimal oversight
- Having advanced knowledge of varied aspects or a specialized aspect of an analytical science and a working knowledge of principles and concepts in other relevant scientific disciplines. Applying technical and functional knowledge to design experiments, assist in project design, and independently complete tasks.
- Serve as analytical lead for multiple innovation projects with minimal oversight
- Creating innovative analytical methodologies.
- Serving as a scientific and technical colleague who interfaces with internal and external partners.
- Assisting in the development of novel approaches to solve moderately difficult problems.
- Producing effective presentations and possessing writing skills to tailor messages to a variety of audiences as appropriate (e.g. external, commercial, management, scientific).
- Successfully performing and directing method validation / transfer activities without supervision.
- Consistently recognizing atypical data including chromatography and intermediate results and resolving the issues.
- Troubleshooting difficult instrumentation issues.
- Technical leader and mentor of junior scientists
- Successfully directing and performing method development for various finished dosage forms.
- Direction and oversight of the execution of outsourced analytical activities at contract laboratory organizations.
- Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry OR MS degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 7 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry OR BS degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 10 years experience in Analytical Chemistry
- Experience and knowledge of aspects of separation sciences and dissolution and the ability to critically evaluate data and develop strategies for problem-solving
- Experience with US Regulatory, GMP and ICH Quality management system standards
- 5 + years experience in the area of Rx or OTC pharmaceutical industry is desired.
- Expert in HPLC, GC and dissolution method development and validation
- Advanced knowledge of US/FDA regulations
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
Haleon offers a robust Total Reward package that consists of competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program. This includes a generous 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and time off programs including 6 months paid parental leave. On day one, you are eligible for benefits, including our healthcare programs where the company pays for the majority of your medical coverage for you and your family. We also offer the opportunity to receive a discretionary bonus based on the achievement of key business performance and other incentive/recognition programs as part of the offering.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.