WORK OPTION: In-Office
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
The position reports to the Business Systems Lead (AVP). You will be part of a growing Application Development team that leads NBA applications for Internal and External Users. The IT department services over 10 internal groups, the Tech Lead will be a seasoned developer comfortable with a variety of frontend, middleware, and backend technologies. The current technology stack ASP.Net Web Forms, C#.Net, ASP.Net Core MVC, WebAPI, React JS, SQL Server, PL SQL, MongoDB, Sharepoint, Azure Dev Ops.
The ideal candidate will be the one who can balance the rapid pace of technology change with an experienced ability to handle client relationships - including working closely with business and technical teams/vendors. We're looking for someone who is laser-focused on operational excellence and customer satisfaction. You'll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical!
We are looking for a dynamic collaborative personality that can champion the cause of Agile within the organization. The individual needs to have a consistent track record of successfully delivering value for their customers in a fast-paced environment along with successful management of customer expectations. A passionate hands-on engineer who strives for automation would be ideal for this position. The person will be involved in system architecture, future technology selection, application upgrades, setting by support processes, and rectifying production issues.
- Research and learn new applications & technologies. Someone who prides in remaining in touch with the latest and greatest in the technology world.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate new technologies to enhance the Platform as well as bring in more automation
- Responsibility and Accountability are key traits for success in this role. Resolution of production issues promptly, communicating with users on the progress of the issues through email, phone or slack. Accountable for the overall health of applications.
- Understands Business Requirements Documentation (BRD)/functional specifications and develop applications based on specifications. Collaborate with project partners to ensure all requirements are met. Interacts regularly with users to gather feedback, listen to their issues and concerns, and recommend solutions.
- System Administrator of applications in place.
- Ability to conduct code, quality, and design reviews
- Work closely with internal team and external partners to ensure new developments align with roadmap and integrate seamlessly with other platform components
- Handle application rollouts, and systems upgrades to acquire new and improved functionality, identify product versions worth upgrading or skipping, and balance between business need and vendor recommendation.
- Apply user experience techniques.
- Support ongoing development, implementation, and quality checks for existing projects/applications
- Assists in the ongoing support of multiple application environments.
- Flexibility to work off hours to be on call and emergency support.
- Coordinate with Cyber and Desktop teams, remediate security risks, and keep patches up to date.
Required Education/Professional Experience:
- College Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
Required Skills/Knowledge Attributes:
- Expertise in React JS, (C#.Net, WebAPI), SQL Server, Azure Dev Ops.
- Should have expertise in full-stack development.
- Experience with best-in-breed code management and documentation practices
- Experience in the usage of Agile Tooling, specifically TFS, Jira, etc.
- Superb communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to gather in-depth knowledge of the business that is being supported.
- Understand the business for which the system is being built and used.
- Standout colleague – should be ready to go beyond to help the immediate team and not be averse to asking for help if needed.
- Develop and sustain a professional attitude in dealing with business partners.
- Ability to translate ideas into solutions based on business needs
- Experience leading discussions with the goal of clearly extracting & articulating business requirements and corresponding solutions.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table!
- Customer interfacing experience - customer presentation.
Salary Range: $140,000 - $165,000
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.