The StoneX Payments business provides large, international institutional clients with access to bespoke FX and cross-border payment services in 140 local currencies and 180 countries. The StoneX Payments team is in search of a business development manager to expand its coverage of customers in the North America region. This role will examine and evaluate the near and long-term needs of the business and work with senior management to grow our client business in key segments.
- Identify opportunities to grow and enhance revenue by introducing FX payment solutions to existing and prospective clients.
- Build upon existing client relationships to maximize the value added to each customer and explore cross-sell opportunities within the wider StoneX Group.
- Track and evaluate client feedback and payment performance statistics to identify client challenges, gather insights, and introduce product improvements.
- Work closely with internal teams, such as compliance, trading, risk, client services, operations, and technology, to guarantee seamless integration of payment products and services.
- Lead and contribute to RFIs and RFPs while adhering to onboarding processes to support new mandates.
- Collaborate closely other RMs in the Americas, EMEA and APAC to ensure adherence to the business development strategy global strategy.
- Prepare periodic reports and presentations for senior management on client performance, market trends, and product efficacy.
- Travel occasionally and represent the firm and StoneX Payments business at industry events.
- Undergraduate degree in commerce, finance, technology, or a commensurate work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in FX payments, Treasury sales, product management or similar roles within the financial services industry.
- Strong understanding of the payments sector, including payment processing, card networks, AML/KYC regulations, risk management, and emerging payment technologies.
- A robust understanding of client needs and the competitive landscape in the payments industry.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workloads and managed multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities with a hands-on approach to relationship management.
- Commercial mindset with strong negotiation abilities with the capacity to influence decision makers and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- A results-driven mentality with a proven track record of achieving product and business goals.
- Ability to thrive in an increasingly global, high-speed, dynamic, and regulated environment with a strong adaptability and meticulous attention to detail.
Hiring Salary Range $70,000-$100,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity and alignment with market data.) Subject to business performance and recommendations of management, this role may be eligible to participate in an incentive compensation plan. This compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position, is offered.