In support of this journey, we need to capitalize our capabilities and have an opportunity within our highly successful Business Applications and Data & AI teams. Our aim is to grow our existing strong base of FSI clients and core business through increased sales focus, driving the growth strategy and delivering sales and revenue targets. This role is instrumental in ensuring Avanade achieves these objectives; with a specific focus on selling large scale custom application and cloud modernization deals. You will sell our Business Applications and Data & AI to the FSI sector.
Microsoft are seeing a real boost in the cloud market and Avanade are equally seeing significant demand in this area. As a result, this is a core strategic pursuit for the business.
You will already be capable of navigating the Business Applications and Data & AI services ecosystem and have a wealth of contacts and connections in the market. Capable of initiating discussions at C suite level, developing long-lasting customer relationships and gaining referrals with new and existing accounts. You will have a deep understanding of the needs of various stakeholders and be able to marshal the right resources with or without direct authority.
This is a senior role, with wide-ranging and often complex responsibilities, which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline.
Day to day, you will:
- The role will be responsible for managing the entire sales lifecycle and driving revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and expanding business with direct clients.
- Building on known industry connections, you will build a pipeline for growth - able to close business, statements of works and contracts.
- Connecting with clients and forming strong trust relationships which open doors and close deals.
- Existing relationships with Microsoft is a bonus, but not essential.
- You will be familiar with selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centers. With a demonstrable proven track record of success selling Business Applications and Data & AI services in the FSI market, with solid new business development experience in white space accounts with ?multi+ deals.
- With previous, solid outsourcing sales experience and a flair for closing deals, you will thrive working with colleagues in a wider team leveraging innovation and exciting customers with your enthusiasm.
- Your strong connections and your tenacity to be an assertive partner, along with your background in high value services (application development, system integration, outsourcing and ibusinessnfrastructure) will attest to your credibility with senior stakeholders and clients.
- You will have the opportunity to be able to support, shape and grow our Biz Apps practice within a global business for the #1 Microsoft(R) Partner.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring client satisfaction is achieved
- Understand how our custom application and MSFT platform offerings can solve pressing client problems and present these in a compelling way working with subject matter experts and strategies.
- Manage customer relationships for new and existing accounts.
- Prospect, acquire, develop and expand business leads, including working with Microsoft leads
- Work with the market & capability teams to capture client buying patterns and input into offering development
- Achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth by increasing the profitability of a portfolio of accounts.
- Candidates will have proven experience selling Business Applications in a services or consulting environment.
- Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing customer requirements, and selecting appropriate methods to fulfil them.
- You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively.
- Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service.
- A skilful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers' business needs.
- Experience selling a range of deals form early consultancy pieces through transformation into large managed services deals is key.
- An understanding of the advantages of a global delivery capability and also the ability to leverage it in sales pursuits will be a significant advantage.At a minimum, you will have sold multi-year work into clients with tangible business outcomes which can be described.
Avanade is the leading global technology and managed services provider specializing in the Microsoft platform. Our vision is to be the leading Digital Innovator realizing results for our clients through the full power of the Microsoft(R) ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers.
Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that embraces diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 as a joint venture between Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at  www.avanade.com. We have just been awarded the Global Microsoft Partner of the Year award for the 15th time, highlighting the fact that we are the No.1 integration partner in the world.
Enjoy your career
Some of the best things about working at Avanade
- People-first culture that supports innovationand encourages people to move forward
- Turn your ideas to human impact by cultivating a team that willhelp clients unlock what's next
- Tap into the collective strength of Avanade, Accenture and Microsoft, bolstering your sales efforts with unmatched support. Forge close connections and leverage our stellar client references with the opportunity to sell a wide range of services and successful delivery function staffed by industry-leading experts. Together, we'll empower your success.
- We are dedicated to fostering both organizational and personal growth, ensuring that your journey towards success is not limited to the organization alone. With our comprehensive career advisor program, we are committed to supporting your professional development and helping you shape a rewarding and fulfilling career path.
Find out more about some of our benefits  here.
A great place to work
We work hard to provide an inclusive, diverse culture with a deep sense of belonging for all our employees. Visit our  Inclusion & Diversity page.
Create a future for our people that focuses on
- Expanding your thinking * Experimenting courageously * Learning and pivoting
Inspire greatness in our people by
- Empowering every voice * Encouraging boldness * Celebrating progress
Accelerate the impact of our people by
- Amazing the client * Prioritizing what matters * Acting as one
To learn more about the types of projects our FS team has enabled within analytics check out this case study:
Interested in knowing what's going on inside Avanade? Check out our blogs:
 Avanade Insights - exchange ideas that drive tomorrow's innovation
 Inside Avanade - explore what life is like working at Avanade