In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!Responsibilities
Great team member will gain job satisfaction through:
- Meeting patients in their assigned unit to provide direct assistance with meal orders; explains, responds to general questions about room service programs; and enters meal orders at the bedside using the electronic room service point of sales (DFM) in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Reviews patient diet orders in the electronic health record (EPIC); views the foods which patients are allowed (by therapeutic diet, time of day and/or allergy restrictions); provides menu guidance and makes recommendations as needed with assistance in selecting compatible items; enters order in DFM; confirms orders with patient to assure accuracy.
- Interacts with patients, families and their care teams to facilitate exceptional customer service; promotes personal service through individualized ordering and meal delivery.
- Proactively Identifies meal service issues, resolves within scope of position and/or notifies appropriate stakeholders to bring acceptable resolution.
- Provides basic information, within scope of position, to patients with respect to nutrition and therapeutic diet.
What we are looking for in a great team member:
- Highly motivated, focused, excellent guest service skills
- Great interpersonal, written and conversational skills, teamwork-focused, detailed oriented
- Competency for listening to issues, seeking clarification, raising appropriate concerns, humility to get assistance and desire to bring timely resolution.
- High proficiency with restaurant/retail point of sale (POS)
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to read, understand and communicate in English sufficient to perform the duties of the position
- Capacity to learn therapeutic diets
- Basic computer knowledge (e.g. email, etc.)
Ideal candidates will have one or more years of service sector work experience, which may include restaurants, coffee shops, hospitality, or retail.
Training and development will be provided.
Successful completion of Washington State Food Worker Card (FWC) is required prior to employment.
Advanced Food Safety Certification (e.g. NEHA, ServSafe) is required within 90 days of date of hire.