We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. We’d be thrilled to receive applications from exceptional individuals like yourself.
Discover a world of endless possibilities at Gallagher Benefit Services, where you'll have the power to shape the future of workplaces across industries. As a member of our team, you become the driving force behind positive change, helping clients build environments where employees thrive. Embrace the opportunity to impact lives, unlock potential, and create a legacy of remarkable transformation. Overview
The Role of the Producer
Producers work to understand client organizations’ needs and challenges. To serve their clients, Producers leverage the Gallagher Better Works Organizational Wellbeing value proposition along with the broader capabilities offered by Gallagher cross-divisionally. Success in this position requires building, retaining and expanding a book of business while developing one’s own personal brand consistent with Gallagher’s high-achieving, collaborative and innovative culture.
What You Can Expect
- Producers for Gallagher Benefit Services are constantly enriching their knowledge of the complex and ever-changing world of employee benefits and organizational wellbeing. Expect to be challenged.
- Our analytics platform allows you to strategically approach the market, develop, and execute a plan to succeed. Expect to have resources available to execute upon your sales goal.
- Outreach to prospects and clients is aided by marketing campaigns which are innovative and responsive to immediate market needs. Expect to be present and prominent in the marketplace.
- Through Gallagher Better Works, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to partner with our respected experts in Pharmacy, Voluntary Benefits, Retirement Services, Human Resources Consulting and other specialty areas to grow your knowledge and win business. Expect to serve your clients well.
- As you build your book of business, Gallagher will continue to present you with opportunities to advance your own career.
- Expect to network with the finest professionals in the industry, plan for your future, and reap financial reward for your successful sales career.
- Expect to be the Consultant on your own book of business. You will be provided account management support in accordance with need to ensure you are able to maintain a 10 to 20% rate of book growth annually.
Objectives for Success
- Act as an entrepreneur developing a book of business from a network of your own contacts typically in a particular vertical niche or employer size.
- Establish and maintain a new business pipeline of qualified leads exceeding four times goal. Weekly, ensure all tracked pipeline information is current and reflects actual activity and stage in the sales process.
- Have the ability to conduct client discovery with confidence in the presence of CEO’s, CFO’s, CHRO’s and other key stakeholders.
- Capably consult clients on an independent basis and recognize opportunities to bring in other SMEs.
- As clients are brought in to the firm, schedule check-ins and briefings monthly with the Client Service team to keep abreast of account status, providing leadership as to strategy, communications and problem-solving.
- Take responsibility for scheduling internal client account review meetings, ensuring timely and thorough completion of prescribed process to ensure client retention, always thinking creatively about next steps needed to expand the account.
- Include executive sponsors as appropriate.
- Semi-annually or as often as necessary, brief the Regional Sales Leader and the Area President/Area EVP as to the status of all key accounts.
- Enthusiastically embrace and partner with the Gallagher Benefit Services organization:
- Within 30 days, identify an internal network of supportive figures (Producer peers, Consultants, Leaders, etc.) to be relied upon for guidance and advice. Set informal meetings with these individuals as needed.
- Within 60 days of completing Gallagher Better Works training, be able to introduce the concept of Organizational Wellbeing and apply its value to prospects and clients, with the goal of providing introductions to other relevant Gallagher SMEs.
- Within six months, identify a Gallagher Global Broking (GGB P&C) Producer or Producers to partner with, starting with identifying opportunities and providing warm introductions for that Producer among your GBS clients and requesting reciprocal introductions to GGB clients.
- Within six months, gain introductions to division level resource leaders across the breadth of the Gallagher Better Works model.
- Identify one or more divisional initiatives of personal interest to participate in within the first 12 months. Measure growth of your personal brand within Gallagher by the scope and breadth of the projects you participate in.
- Know your competition. Provide information as to wins/losses you are aware of in the market, and always schedule post-presentation reviews that include all Gallagher participants.
- Regularly solicit feedback on your performance in client-facing and internal colleague-facing settings.
- At prospecting, proposal, and account management stages, provide training through partnership with junior team members. Highlight complex client strategy and technical analysis as well as emphasis on client value, compliance and
- Speak up regarding succession opportunities of interest. Provide guidance to leaders who seek to ensure your career progresses in the most rewarding manner possible.
Required: Bachelor's degree, 1 year related experience, and appropriate insurance licensing required OR Bachelor's degree, participation in Gallagher's Sales Internship Program (GSIP), and appropriate insurance licensing required OR High School Diploma/GED and 6 years’ experience. Additional Information
Preferred: Professional designation may be preferred (CEBS); Active Life and Health License; Client facing experience at a consulting company, insurance company, brokerage or in the Health and Benefits discipline.
Behaviors: Act independently with minimal direction. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Click Here to review our U.S. Eligibility Requirements
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function), training programs, matching gift program, and more.