USA - Missouri - St. LouisPosted Date:
Nov 13 2023
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
Manufacturing Material Handler
HALEON TUMS BUILDING DOWNTOWN WITH EMPLOYEE PARKING
***Starting @ $22 per hour*** Benefits start day 1 including annual bonus, paid vacation, 401K, Dental, Vision
- Sunday – Tuesday 6pm – 6:30am
The purpose of the manufacturing material handler is to support the manufacturing and packaging departments primarily through transportation of raw materials and tableted product. The manufacturing material handler also supports manufacturing through filling blending dumps stations, pre-weigh intermediate containers, and screening of stearate products, as well as other duties as assigned.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the Haleon Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Locate finished tablets bins and correctly stage and issue bins as needed to support packaging department. Locate and transport raw materials to floors as needed. Collect, transport, and cleanout empty bins. Support the removal of trash and waste on an as needed basis. Fill blending dump stations as required. Fill preweigh intermediate bulk containers as required.
- Operate work savers and standup/sit down lift trucks. Utilize man lifts.
- Follow the daily production schedule. Use PRISM for raw material information and, bin inventory report.
- Report all safety accidents, near misses, property damage and hazards immediately. Act as an advocate of the EHS program. Execute quarterly safety audits when instructed.
- Proactively support all associates on use of elevators, fork trucks and all use of material handling equipment. Become a trainer on material handling equipment and train associates.
- Support line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line standards. Assist line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, and re-assembly of line equipment, parts storage, bin washing and equipment movement.
- Perform preventive maintenance to sustain department performance and housekeeping standards. Perform housekeeping work orders as directed.
- Complete all documentation monitoring Right First Time results and related Key Performance Indicators
- Work as a High Performance Team member supporting all aspects of team performance. Work on Cross Functional Teams as required.
- Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a production environment
- Technical Degree or Certification
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a team environment
- Ability to lift 5-25 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift drums, bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
- Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments
- Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set. Able to function productively with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills and interest in project management
- Ability to operate computer applications preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to operate work saver and stand up sit down fork truck
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.