Excited to grow your career?
Our purpose is to 'empower people to save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at Hargreaves Lansdown.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. We’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Due to growing business demand, we have an opportunity for a Security Architect to join our team of security experts, where you will be working with a wide range of modern technologies. At HL, we are constantly investing in innovative solutions for our customers, and we are seeking talented Security Architects who possess both cloud technical expertise and a strong awareness of Cyber Security.
As a member of our Security team, you will have the opportunity to work on major projects where security is of utmost importance for both our clients and financial compliance. This role will place you within a highly skilled security team, where you will collaborate to provide innovative solutions to complex enterprise challenges.
What you’ll be doing
- You will take a leading position in the development and implementation of security plans utilising security best practices
- Work closely with the wider architect community and business stakeholders to identify key security requirements and resolve complex technical challenges
- Accountable for the security of cloud solutions across multiple product domains
- Work as part the wider architecture community at HL sharing best practices and insights
- Design secure solutions as part of enterprise-wide project/programme delivery
- Demonstrable experience in a Security Architect or related role
- Technical background across multiple security domains and familiarity with cloud security standards in a DevSecOps context
- A proven track record, of working with one or more of the main cloud vendor platforms, preferably AWS.
- Experience within an Agile and DevSecOps context
- Knowledge of Information Security Architectural concepts and best practices as applied to on-premise and cloud based solutions
- As a security subject matter expert, be able to clearly explain security issues at all levels across the organisation
- Problem solving skills - with the ability to use own experience to develop pragmatic solutions and resolve complex issues
- Accomplished in forging effective relationships at all levels, skilled at influencing and negotiating
- Familiar with security standards (e.g. ISO27001/2, ISO27017, NIST, CIS), good practice (e.g. OWASP) and cyber security related regulations (PCI-DSS)
- Certifications such as CISSP / CISSP-ISSAP / CISM / CCSP / CEH
- Certifications in AWS or Azure
This will be a two-stage interview process, consisting of competency and behavioural based interview and a presentation.
We are looking for a Security Architect to join our team, based in Bristol head office, BS1 5HL. This role is permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We offer a hybrid flexible working pattern to enable you the option of working from home and coming into the office.
Here at HL, we’re the UK’s number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we’ve helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams, and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.
What's on offer?
- Discretionary annual bonus* & annual pay review
- 25 days* holiday plus bank holidays and 1-day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year at annual enrolment
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Enhanced parental leave
- Pension scheme up to 11% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme - have a real stake in HL’s future
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Private medical insurance*
- Health care cash plans - including optical, dental, and out patientcare
- Help@hand and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Gympass - gym memberships and wellbeing apps available
- Variety of travel to work schemes with free bike storage and shower facilities
- An inhouse barista serving subsidised coffee and snacks
- Join HL’s sports, I&D networks and volunteering groups (two paid volunteering days per year)
- LifeWorks Discounts on services, restaurants and retailers
* dependant on role level
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Recruitment & Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.