Are you looking for a job where you can use your experience to propel your career into management? At New York Life, we will invest in you from the start to help you learn and grow as a financial professional first. We’ll train you in valuable skills, such as marketing, business development, and customer relationship management, and provide you with the tools you need to further your career. Then we’ll train you and provide you with access to the tools you need for a career in management.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families, and small businesses—motivated people who can answer yes to one of the following questions:
- Do you have sales or managerial experience in another industry?
- Have you previously run your own business?
- Do you have an MBA or other equivalent degree?
In the Accelerated Path to Management Program, you’ll start off as a financial professional, learning how to sell our products, building client relationships, and meeting specific requirements1 before transitioning into a management role. You’ll then undergo a six-month intensive training program designed to prime you for success as a manager. You will use that experience to understand how to recruit and coach others to success.
WHAT WE OFFER
Your first year
You’ll learn firsthand about a financial professional’s role and day-to-day work by working as a financial professional for the first year of your career journey with New York Life. We will provide you with complete training, access to digital tools, and a comprehensive product suite.
Training and resources
You will receive top-notch training that will give you an understanding and appreciation for the strength and value of New York Life. Beyond this training and support, New York Life will provide access to the resources you need to succeed day-to-day, including experts on hand to answer your questions and a suite of digital sales, prospecting and marketing tools that will help you attract and retain your clients with web, social and email content.
You will learn about our robust products and services that can help clients achieve their financial goals. Together with its subsidiaries, New York Life provides a range of competitive insurance and financial products, including life insurance, annuities, long-term care insurance, disability income insurance, and investment products such as mutual funds through our broker-dealer, NYLIFE Securities LLC (member of FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency. You will be required to hold securities licenses and FINRA registrations and affiliate with NYLIFE Securities as a registered representative before you can offer investment products.
Your transition to a Field Manager role
After meeting specific requirements for the first 12 months as a financial professional, you will enter a specialized six-month Associate Partner training program(1). We’ll help you to lead and build your team of financial professionals. Throughout your career journey with New York Life, you’ll continue to have opportunities to grow and be promoted to increasingly senior levels of management.
How we will compensate you
When you begin with New York Life as a financial professional (2), you will receive income that is commission-based (3). If you meet the requirements and approvals to become an Associate Partner, you will receive a salary. The salary range for an Associate Partner is $60,000–$150,000 (in California, the salary range is $62,400–$150,000), plus you will be eligible for additional compensation related to the agents you recruit and develop (“R&Ds”). R&Ds are additional compensation that is designed to increase your income and to reimburse for any reasonable and necessary expenses we do not otherwise reimburse.
You will also be eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, life, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment coverages, a pension plan (4), and a 401(k) savings plan (5). New York Life will value and reward your hard work and success. You’ll have significant income potential over time, because our field managers’ compensation is directly aligned with their recruiting performance and the production level of their team of financial professionals. The average income among our 579 recruiters at all levels in 2022 was $240,000 (6).
About New York Life
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on long-term success for our clients. To prepare for the future, we are constantly innovating and looking ahead to find more ways to increase value for our clients.
Awards & Accolades
We’re proud of our financial strength (7)
- AAA Exceptionally Strong (Fitch)
- Aaa Exceptional (Moody’s)
- AA+ Very Strong (Standard & Poor’s)
We’re proud of the training we offer (8)
- Training Magazine’s APEX Award for 2022
We’re proud the be recognized by organizations that also value diversity
- Latino Leaders: 2022 Best Companies for Latinos to Work For
- Human Rights Campaign: 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- Forbes 2022: America’s Best Employers for Diversity
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients (9)
- 5.3 million lives protected (includes all owners of individual life insurance and annuity policies)
- $4.5 billion in living benefits awarded (includes life and annuity cash value accumulation and qualifying policy dividends paid. Dividends are not guaranteed.)
- $579 million lifetime annuity income paid (includes all payouts on individual income annuity products) • Nearly $1.2 trillion life insurance protection in force (includes term, whole, and universal life)
(1) Specific production and licensing requirements must be met, and approvals obtained before transitioning to field management. Please ask your New York Life recruiter for details.
(2) If you qualify for an Introductory (PTAS) Contract, you will preview an agent career with New York Life as an independent contractor while continuing to work at your current job, with limited exceptions. During this preview period of up to six months, any sales you make will continue to accrue until you either make enough sales to become a full-time agent under a Training Allowance Subsidy (TAS) Contract or the passage of six months, whichever is earlier. If you do not become a full-time agent, all commissions on any sales you made will be paid to you at the end of six months. If you become a full-time agent under a TAS Contract, you will be credited with the commissions you accrued under the Introductory Contract.
(3) If you would like more information about commission-based income for financial professionals, please consult with your New York Life recruiter.
(4) Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, age, and the form of payment you choose. The company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason.
(5) This is necessarily brief and provides only a list of benefits available to Associate Partners under the applicable plans. Specific terms, such as eligibility and benefits, are determined only by the terms and conditions contained in the relevant plan documents. The company reserves the right to amend or terminate benefit plans at any time for any reason.
(6) In addition to salary, average recruiter income includes certain non-guaranteed income that is dependent on a number of factors, including your field management title/level, the sales results of your agent unit and/or your General Office, and your applicable field management compensation plan. The company reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate the compensation plans at any time. The historical income numbers shown above include additional compensation payments designated to reimburse all of a field manager’s business expenses not otherwise reimbursed by the company. Average partner income is provided for illustrative purposes only.
(7) New York Life Insurance Company continues to receive the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer in the U.S. from all four major rating agencies. Source: Individual Third-Party Ratings Reports: A.M. Best A++, Fitch Ratings AAA, Moody’s Aaa, and Standard & Poor’s AA+ (as of 10/18/2022). The financial strength ratings do not apply to any investment products as they are subject to market risk and will fluctuate in value.
(8) A full list of our awards is available here: https://www.newyorklife.com/newsroom/our-awards-and-recognition
(9) All figures reflect the consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company (NYLIC) and its domestic insurance subsidiaries, including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC), for the 12 months ending December 31, 2022. Individual life insurance in force is the total face amount of individual life insurance contracts (term, whole, and universal life) outstanding for NYLIC and its domestic insurance subsidiaries at a given time. The company’s individual life insurance in force totaled $1,166.01 billion at December 31, 2022 (including $180.61 billion for NYLIAC). Intercompany transactions have been eliminated in consolidation.
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
AR10901.042023 SMRU5058493.3 (Exp.04.30.2024)
Job Types: Contract, Permanent, Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $225,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vienna, VA 22182: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Insurance Producer License (Preferred)
- Life Insurance License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person