We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP S/4HANA Finance Business Processes Principal Consultant
As a Finance Business Process Principal Consultant, you will facilitate and support the SAP Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting solutions to enhance our clients’ business functionality and overall performance. This is a key leadership role, requiring deep knowledge and understanding of SAP technical & functional capabilities, including industry best practices. You will partner with clients to analyze and define business requirements, processes and objectives to scope project and deliverables. Providing comprehensive advice to our customers on long-term and short-term perspectives on their key strategic imperatives and recommends innovations that will anticipate the future directions of both business and IT stakeholders. You will create tactical and strategic roadmaps charting the deployment of the digital solutions SAP offers.
- Facilitate collaborative architecture discussions with our customer, IT and business executives
- Development of 3-5 year strategic roadmaps encompassing the evolution of enterprise business solution portfolios from current to future state.
- Guide customer teams in using Enterprise Architecture frameworks, establishing governance models and implementing business process modeling disciplines
- Influence transition states toward joint business outcomes building on SAP solution value
- Leverage industry and SAP reference architectures
- Be actively involved in the preparation, conceptualization, realization and Go Live of customer implementation projects
- Perform feasibility studies and process design reviews
- Act as a team lead / Business Processes Consultant and support respective manager(s) in people development tasks
- Develop detailed plan of process implementation
- Define detailed blueprint for development requirements
- Lead industry / corporate process implementation across all related applications (SAP / non-SAP)
- Assist in the development of the overall project plan (scoping process) as well as individual work plans; acting as liaison with client for troubleshooting (investigates, analyses, and solves software problems)
- Analyze and map clients’ business requirements, processes and objectives; develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients’ needs.
- Support the internal Finance Consulting Practice with pre-sales support, spot consulting and internal projects and commit to the success of customers, partners, colleagues, and SAP
- Identify, extract, and share knowledge assets from SAP S/4HANA projects with the internal Finance Consulting Practice
- A minimum of 9 years SAP consulting experience with at least 6 years in Finance
- A minimum of 4 end-to-end implementations
- Expertise in Finance Best Practices including demos and test scripts
- Expertise in configuration and implementation of Financial Accounting (FI) and Managerial Accounting (CO)
- Expertise in material ledger and/or special ledger
- Expertise in Asset Accounting
- Expertise in Fiori Apps
- Integration of Finance and other SAP solutions
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA Conversion/Upgrade in the areas of Finance.
- Ability to conduct complex and interactive solutioning workshops
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead customer engagements at an executive level
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
- Proven experience with delivering services in a remote environment with various key stakeholders and various remote teams.
- Proven expertise and commitment to knowledge management and mentoring
- Experience with license and services pre-sales activities
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA
- Certification in 2020 or higher
- Experience with SAP Central Finance a plus
- Experience with SAP Activate Methodology for Implementation a plus
- Experience working directly for a large consulting company a plus
- Leadership Experience;
- Takes responsibility as a sub project lead and/or team lead and has ability to provide direction to team members and off-shore resources
- Acts as coach for colleagues
- Acts as community lead, stream lead or topic owner within an internal community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Computer Applications or Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 146,000 - 326,100 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 370321 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 - 60% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA #LI-Hybrid