WORK OPTION: In-Office
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide clerical and administrative support to multiple senior executives of the Marketing Team. Your ability to think quickly, communicate effectively, and creatively problem-solve multiple tasks across those you support is essential to this function. You are a results-oriented team member with experience in helping to optimize executive efficiency and make actionable recommendations for how to do that. You have a strong work ethic as we encourage and support ambitious self-starters with strong social skills and the ability to work cohesively.
We expect you to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity while positively engaging with various partners. You also embody the league's core values of integrity, teamwork, respect, and innovation. We are an agile organization looking for staff members with a player-coach mindset willing to roll up their sleeves and dig into the details. We advocate for those who collaborate on contemporary ideas when building new processes and completing tasks. This role is for a creative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about navigating the future with us!
- Manage the schedule and calendars for multiple executives with a high level of attention to detail
- Coordinate and arrange all details of internal and external meetings for executives and their teams
- Communicate with internal team members and external partners on behalf of the executives
- Proactively anticipate and address communication and efficiency issues
- Handle meeting logistics, including but not limited to attendee availability, booking conference rooms, tech needs, catering orders, meeting agenda, and prep materials
- Assist in planning and execution of occasional events (team building, offsites, and social) involving key executives and team members
- Coordinate presentations and team communications
- Coordinate domestic and international travel, considering tight schedules and creating detailed itineraries
- Prepare expense reports, including on-demand travel expense reports according to T&E policy
- Capable of handling ad-hoc, quick deadline assignments and additional office duties as assigned
- Attend departmental team meetings as needed
- Be a competent right hand to the Senior Executive Assistant supporting the CMO and Head of Operations
Required Education/Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years experience supporting 2-4 senior executives
Required Skills/Knowledge Attributes
- Able to work autonomously and quickly, navigate ambiguity with great attention to detail, and maintain confidentiality.
- Highly organized, efficient, with strong customer service skills and a pleasant, personable demeanor
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high effectiveness in communicating across all levels of an organization, including senior-level management; friendly and helpful demeanor
- Track record of successfully working as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with corporate travel and expense software a plus
Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.