Veygo is one of these new businesses at the forefront of the Mobility as a Service (MaaS) revolution, providing transport solutions for customers with and without cars. We want to make life easier for those wishing to share cars, use their own temporarily, or for learner drivers looking to practice in a family member’s or friends’ car. In short, we want to help people be able to get behind the wheel of a car, even if they don’t own one.
Our journey started in 2016 and it has been a challenging and exciting few years to disrupt the sector and show that tech allows us to provide great products, and in a way that is in line with the modern-day lifestyle. We are building a dynamic and energising environment where we will provide all the excitement and freedom of a scale-up but with the support and stability of an established large organisation. We treat our colleagues openly, equally, and fairly and give them a ton of opportunity and freedom to do their best work and make a positive impact. We make mistakes because building from scratch is not easy, but we are curious about where we get it wrong and we take this learning forward.
Veygo is a company built and owned by Admiral, operating within the Admiral Pioneer business.
About Admiral Pioneer
Admiral Pioneer is a new business within Admiral Group with the objective of seeding, launching, and scaling new businesses that will become one of the growth engines for Admiral in the future. These new businesses will anchor around meeting customer needs in growth areas. We will achieve this by experimenting and proving new products, business models, and partnerships.
We aim to build multiple businesses in each domain, all anchored around meeting customer needs in new and better ways. We aren’t an incubator, we are building a dynamic and energising environment where we will provide all the excitement and freedom of a start-up, with the support and stability of an established.
Security at Veygo
Veygo is a cloud only and multi-cloud organisation, you will work within the InfoSec team to engineer and support multiple environments to ensure that the systems and data always remain secure. We want to build a positive, inclusive and sustainable security culture through continuous engagement and positive reinforcement of good security behaviours. InfoSec is part of our amazing tech team who you will work with closely to design, implement and manage security solutions. You will also work with the rest of the business to find the best solutions and achieve our security outcomes, protecting our customers and the organisation.
At Veygo we’re really passionate about building great software, using modern technologies, following industry best practices and a mantra of win or learn. We don’t have (and don’t want to have) arbitrary experience or qualifications requirements as we would then be just ticking boxes and that’s not what we do. We currently have several non-graduates and people who studied unrelated degrees on the team who are invaluable… as long as you’re passionate and enthusiastic, we’d love to chat to you.
Who we’re looking for
- You are able to effectively and empathetically communicate and work with all stakeholders
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- You will have knowledge of public cloud technologies, ideally AWS but not essential
- Experience of working in a DevOps, Security and/or software development role
- You are proficient in log analysis, SIEM and EDR solutions
- Previous experience using infrastructure-as-code technologies including Terraform and CloudFormation
- A good understanding of API’s, websites & Mobile Apps.
- Experience in incident response/SOC, in writing procedures and runbooks
- Experience of selecting, implementing, and maintaining security products and services
- Knowledge of common security weaknesses and associated mitigations
- A genuine enthusiasm for identifying security problems and creating solutions to fix them.
- Security or cloud related certifications are a bonus but not a requirement
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be jumping straight into some relevant projects and initiatives, which will enable you to collaborate with multiple teams and champion our security strategy across the company. Your collaborations coming up will be with the engineering teams, ITSM, Data and the Product teams. You will have the opportunity to design and improve solutions for alerting and vulnerability management, plus implement relevant security tools. The plan is to shift left, increase visibility, empower our colleagues with security knowledge, reduce unnecessary risk and protect the business.
More about your tasks
Designing, building and maintaining internal security tools, controls and services
- Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
- Championing best practice for application security and cloud infrastructure, supporting our engineering teams and being the subject matter expert.
- Automating security processes and procedures
- Analysing logs, files and identifying malicious activity
- Investigation, triage and management of security incidents as part of the Security Incident Response Team
- Evaluation and implementation of security products and services
- Maintain and improve our vulnerability management program, while creating and assigning tickets to ensure that any potential threats are quickly addressed and mitigated
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration