Position Purpose: Learn the necessary skills to become an effective Broker (Risk Management Consultant) by completing required training and working with experienced Risk Management Consultant(s) to receive skills in developing a client base and commodity risk management programs for those clients. This opportunity provides high levels of prospects for promotion, and long-term financial rewards including generous salaries and large bonuses.
- Accepts orders, changes, and cancellations from customers via the telephone and distributes to trade desk to place transaction.
- Notifies customers of filled orders, margin positions and other pertinent information.
- Reconciles accounts and updates customer information, including purchases and open orders.
- Maintains hedge records and research databases.
- Learns all the functions, strategies, and techniques to become an effective risk management consultant.
- Completes risk management training curriculum including classroom instruction and on-site learning under the guidance of an experienced Risk Management Consultant(s).
- Develops expertise in the cotton futures market conditions and in external markets including but not limited to Forex, other agricultural markets.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
Key Skills Preferred
- Motivated with outstanding personal qualities and intellectual abilities
- Ambitious and Determined
- Able to cope with stress
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service Excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Finance, Economics, or related field to include Business Management
- Master’s degree in related fields is preferred, but not required
- Series 3 Commodities Brokerage License required within 6 months of start date (company sponsored)
- Works well in a team environment, yet self-starter with personal initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a busy, demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to get along with a variety of people/personalities
- Professional and mature communicator
- Numerically capable with advanced proficiency in excel for database development
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Potential for relocation to other internationally based StoneX offices, including Singapore.
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Climate controlled office environment
- Dynamic, time-sensitive, trading room environment
- Travel as needed