About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Director of Business Development
DEPARTMENT: Brand Alliances
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Business Development
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
You are an experienced partnership sales professional who builds relationships and seeks to understand the needs of a brand to build fully integrated partnership programs that include assets across the portfolio such as IP rights, in-game signage and entitlements, media, hospitality and other unique platforms. You are driven by results and generating new business revenue with local, regional, and national companies through the sale of comprehensive sponsorship packages of the Orlando City SC (MLS), Orlando Pride (NWSL) and Exploria Stadium assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prospect and close new corporate sponsorships/partnerships for all Orlando City SC entities.
· Establish strong working relationships with local, regional, and national companies to understand individual marketing and business goals and initiatives.
· Accountable for achieving KPI’s and revenue goals on a yearly basis.
· Identify key open categories and new industries as prospective new business leads.
· Generate qualified leads by self-prospecting via research, outbound calls, face-to-face meetings, in-game entertaining, business and community networking events and social selling.
· Develop unique and customized proposals and sales presentations for new business prospects.
· Negotiate and work with the Sr. Director of Business Development, SVP of Brand Alliances, and Director of Legal through execution of partnership contract.
· Continually manage and update individual sales pipeline through CRM platform to provide accurate, reliable information for sales and renewal forecasting for executive leadership.
· Work alongside Brand Alliance Marketing team to ensure proper fulfillment of partnership contract.
· Collaborate with internal departments such as Marketing, Digital, Creative, Merchandise, Public Relations and Ticket Sales to effectively and efficiently create new partnership assets that drive revenue and are mutually beneficial to the partner and our club.
· Create individualized sponsorship packages and activation programs through existing or created Orlando City assets to address prospective sponsor marketing/business goals and to extend internal company goals.
· Work game days, weekends, and special events to assist with any activations (as assigned) and entertain existing partners and new business prospects.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
· 5+ years of demonstrated success in sport sponsorship and/or partnership new business development.
· Proven track record of high-level B2B selling and deal construction with local, regional and national brands.
· Experience in the Florida marketplace preferred but not required.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively influence and communicate with all internal and external clients, especially C-Level executives.
· Demonstrated professional sales presentation creation and delivery skills.
· Data-driven sales mindset to efficiently leverage insights from Business Intelligence team when prospecting and selling new partners
· Must be passionate about sales, exhibit high energy and be self-motivated.
· Knowledge or ability to learn various sales tools such as Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, SponsorUnited and Digideck to follow all department and company standard operating procedures.
· Ability to work well on a team and independently.
· Professional verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, holidays and game days.
· Reliable transportation and ability to travel to offsite client meetings/presentations and networking events.
· Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.