Are you a leader who has the following traits?
If yes, consider becoming an insurance agent to drive positive impact in the lives of families every day. At New York Life, you’re in control of your career journey. Backed by a Fortune 100 company that is a leader in the financial services industry, New York Life will invest in you from the start, training you in valuable skills such as marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and communication, and providing you with a development team and sales support to guide your success.
What we’re looking for...
We’re looking for people who want to make a lasting impact on the financial well-being of individuals, families and small businesses. This is not just a sales job—it’s a career with purpose and opportunity. You’ll provide peace of mind to your clients while helping them navigate challenges that many of them find complex and confusing, such as preparing for retirement and saving for college. As an insurance agent, you will have the opportunity to see the positive impact of your work for years to come. You will grow personally and professionally along with your clients.
What we offer...
Training and development
We’ll equip and train you with a multi-faceted approach that includes an industry-leading learning platform, personalized coaching from dedicated training professionals and the ability to obtain industry professional designations. We are so committed to training that we’ll subsidize it in your first two years, providing you with additional funds to help keep you on your feet while you complete our training program and grow your business. You’ll also get rewarded and acknowledged with sales incentives and professional development trips for our top performing insurance agents.
Beyond this training and support, New York Life will equip you with the tools you need to succeed day-to-day, including experts on hand to answer your questions and a suite of digital sales, prospecting and marketing tools that will help you attract and retain your clients with web, social and email content.
Products and solutions
Together with its subsidiaries, New York Life provides a range of products, including life insurance, annuities, long term care insurance, disability income insurance and investment products such as mutual funds (1) through our broker-dealer arm NYLIFE Securities LLC (member of FINRA and SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency, ensuring that the solutions you develop with your clients can help them and their families achieve their financial goals. You’ll also be able to specialize and gain expertise in different areas, such as by becoming a financial advisor with Eagle Strategies LLC, our investment advisory division to offer wealth management and advisory services (2) , estate planning strategies and business solutions.
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a strong team with peer-to-peer support options like study groups, mentorship and other opportunities to engage with your fellow insurance agents.
How we will compensate you.
You have the power to determine your own income with our commission-based compensation. Across our diverse agent population of nearly 12,000 agents, the average income in 2020 was $91,351 (3). Individual agent performance will determine their income. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) and pension. (4)
About New York Life...
New York Life is a Fortune 100 company with a long history of doing good. We have been in business for over 175 years, helping generations of Americans protect their families and attain their financial goals. As a mutual company, we are accountable only to our policyholders, not to Wall Street or outside investors. We are focused on the long-term success for our clients.
Awards & Accolades...
We’re proud of our financial strength. (5)
- AAA Exceptionally Strong (Fitch)
- Aaa Exceptional (Moody’s)
- AA+ Very Strong (Standard & Poor’s)
We’re proud of our position in the industry. (6)
- New York Life named a 2021 “Elite Gold Organization” by Chief Learning Officer magazine (7)
- Training Magazine’s Training Top 100 for 2021 (8)
We’re proud to be recognized by organizations that also value diversity.
- Human Rights Campaign: 2022 Corporate Equality Index
- Forbes 2022: America’s Best Employers for Diversity
- Latino Leaders 2022 Best Companies for Latinos to Work
We’re proud of the help we’ve provided and continue to provide our clients. (9)
- 5.5 million LIVES PROTECTED. Includes all owners of individual life insurance and annuity policies
- $938 million LIFETIME ANNUITY INCOME PAID. Includes all payouts on individual income annuity products.
- $4.9 billion IN LIVING BENEFITS AWARDED. Includes life and annuity cash value accumulation and qualifying policy dividends paid. Dividends are not guaranteed.
- Over $1.1 trillion LIFE INSURANCE PROTECTION IN FORCE. Includes term, whole, and universal life. (10)
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Average income of proactive New Org Agents: $ 65,000 - $ 1,15,000
1. Offered by properly licensed Registered Representatives through NYLIFE Securities (member FINRA/SIPC), a Licensed Insurance Agency and a New York Life Company.
2. Wealth Management and advisory services offered by Financial Advisors of Eagle Strategies LLC, a Registered Investment Adviser and a New York Life company. Qualification requirements include but are notlimited to applicable FINRA general securities, agent state law, investment advisory licenses, compliance history, production standards, and required training. Requirements are subjectto change.
3. Based on 2020 Company data. Actual income and compensation are not guaranteed and depend on a number of factors, including the individual sales results and contracttype of each agent. The historical income figures shown above do nottake into account agent authorized expenses that can reduce the compensation payments an agentreceives.
4. New York Life reserves the rightto amend orterminate any benefit plans, in whole orin part, at any time.
5. New York Life Insurance Company continues to receive the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurerin the U.S. from all four majorrating agencies. Source: Individual Third-Party Rating Reports: A.M. Best A++, Fitch Ratings AAA, Moody’s Aaa, and Standard & Poor’s AA+ (as of 6/22/2022).
6. Full list of our awards is available here: https://www.newyorklife.com/newsroom/our-awards-and-recognition
7. Source: https://www.chieflearningofficer.com/2021/04/27/chief-learning-officer-reveals-2021-learningelite-award-recipients/In order to qualify for Learning Elite status, organizations that choose to apply must succeed in scoring above the qualifying benchmark in five key performance areas that are core to L&D: learning strategy, leadership commitment, learning execution, learning impact and business performance results.
8. Source: Training Magazine https://trainingmag.com/training-magazine-announces-2021-training-top-100-winners/
9. All figures reflectthe consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company and its domestic insurance subsidiaries including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation forthe 12 months ending December 31, 2021.
10. This reflects the consolidated results of New York Life Insurance Company (NYLIC) and its domestic insurance subsidiaries including New York Life Insurance and Annuity Corporation (NYLIAC) forthe 12months ending December 31, 2021. Individual life insurance in force is the total face amount of individual life insurance contracts (term, whole, and universal life) outstanding for NYLIC and its domestic insurance subsidiaries at a given time. The company's individual life insurance in force totaled $1,139.45 billion at December 31, 2021 (including $182.30 billion for NYLIAC). Intercompany transactions have been eliminated in consolidation.