Columbus Crew Job Opportunity
The Columbus Crew is offering a season-long internship in our Marketing Department. The Marketing & Events intern will assist in the planning and execution of all 17 Crew home matches in addition to assisting with grassroots marketing efforts when needed. This position reports to the Coordinator, Marketing Events & Experience and is based at the Municipal Light Plant Building while splitting time at Lower.com Field.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Assist in the training and scheduling of the Marketing Matchday/Grassroots Activation interns.
- Coordinate the planning and set-up of the Chase Plaza on matchday, including corporate partner activations.
- Provide support for pre-match ceremonies, on-field experiences, and halftime promotions.
- Work cross functionally, collaborating with the Corporate Partnership and Sales departments among others.
- Research new matchday activations and supporter engagement opportunities.
- Demonstrate and maintain Crew brand standards while serving as an ambassador of the brand.
- Assist in managing the usage of marketing assets throughout the organization.
- Help with the planning of Crew special events and grassroots marketing opportunities as needed.
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Max of 30 hours per week (including matchdays & events) paid hourly
- Must be an active student or recent graduate of Marketing, Sports Management, or related field
- Ability to attend all Crew home matches, including evening and weekend assignments
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills. Customer service experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Sports and entertainment industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Columbus Crew and prior marketing experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite