USA - Nebraska - LincolnPosted Date:
Dec 20 2023
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Haleon is a data driven, fast moving consumer health company. This position as will serve as Lead Operator(2nd Shift) of day-to-day production by assisting in and resolving operational issues and problems; in the absence of Production Supervisors, provide guidance based on extensive experience; coordinate resources and information within line/area as to complete plan; escalate issues directly to supervisors; balance the line / work center personnel when needed.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Assist in the execution of daily labor and production plans across the assigned areas; make assignments based on completed training, proficiencies, and availabilities.
- Coordinate with Supervisors and Material Handlers to ensure timely and accurate material deliveries and other resources to support customer commitments.
- Responsible for immediately informing supervisor, as owner of area/line, of unexpected line disturbances.Responsible to shut down process in the event of issues and immediately contacting supervisor.
- Provide assistance and support to work centers within the assigned area to help drive continuous improvement activities, problem solving and implementations; track and analyze operation performance data to identify root cause issues; facilitate discussions with critical stakeholders to identify and implement counter measures and improvements; ensure continuous improvement initiatives remain visible and retain momentum.
- Work on production line or work center as required, especially when needed to cover for operator absences and relief in assigned areas.Work in work centers 100% of time except when escalating issues to supervisor, trouble-shooting issues, and substituting in absences of supervisor.
- Assist as requested in the execution of line/area specific duties; provide input and feedback to supervisors regarding crew member performance, strengths, and development opportunities; release production lines / work centers for production of next lot or batch; other duties as assigned.
- Ensure call in-process checks are performed properly and any issues are reported to supervisor; ensure all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations and cleaning are followed.
- Ensure materials are delivered on time.
- Ensure lines / work centers are scheduled properly before shift start with consideration of resources, absences, vacations, etc.
- Own and actively participate with skill development driving ability to schedule resources for activities in a production unit; primary production floor lead for improvement / new product projects; ability to work in multiple Operations areas (i.e. Manufacturing, Packaging, Central Services).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Working knowledge of manufacturing and/or packaging equipment and systems including operation set up and change over.
Demonstrated ability to properly document activities consistent with procedures in a GMP environment.
Knowledge of operations, processes, and interdepartmental transactions and dependencies.
Demonstrated computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, data entry.
Prior training, coaching and/or lead experience giving direction and feedback to others.
Experience with a lean organization or other prior exposure to lean concepts, tools, and techniques
Haleon offers a robust Total Reward package that consists of competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program. This includes a generous 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and time off programs including 6 months paid parental leave. On day one, you are eligible for benefits, including our healthcare programs where the company pays for the majority of your medical coverage for you and your family. We also offer the opportunity to receive a discretionarybonus based on the achievement of key business performance and other incentive/recognition programs as part of the offering.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.