Arkansas State University-Newport
Arkansas State University-Newport is seeking a dedicated Athletic Trainer who will be invested in the success of our athletes. The Athletic Trainer will evaluate athletes' condition, establish plans for diet, fitness, and treatment, and track progress towards health and fitness goals. You should be motivated to assist athletes, coaches, and families realize their potential and possess a strong understanding of sports-related injuries and treatments.
To be a successful Athletic Trainer, you should be committed to ensuring athletes accomplish their health and fitness goals and receive the proper training and treatment. You should be caring, knowledgeable, and passionate about the success of your athletes.
Athletic Trainer Responsibilities:
In performing job functions, the athletic trainer will comply with all applicable laws, rule, regulations as well as ASU-Newport policies and procedures.
- Provides game/event and practice coverage for all ASU-Newport sports programs as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Establishes good rapport with all ASU-Newport coaches, staff and students as well as the communities served.
Will work cooperatively with coaches, students and others with respect to the following.
- Operation and use of therapeutic devices and equipment
- The application of braces, guards, tape, and bandages
- Supervises correct performance of training techniques in collaboration with coaches.
- Will aid ASU-Newport athletes with any sports care service that is feasible.
- Exhibits knowledge of sports-related injuries to diagnose and treat athletes.
- Refers athletes to other medical staff members when necessary.
- Maintaining records relating to athlete condition and training, diet, and treatment plans.
Athletic Trainer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in athletic training and a valid state license or certification.
- Proven education or experience working with individual athletes of all ages and with teams of various levels.
- Strong understanding of the challenges athletes face, proper nutrition, sports injuries, and treatment options.
- Understanding of first-aid treatments, massage, and physical therapy techniques and equipment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and attentive.
Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, and communication skills.
Employment Type: Full-Time (30 hours to 40 hours)