Position Profile: Strategic Partnerships & Development Seasonal Assistant
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Strategy
Status: Seasonal, Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: The Strategic Partnerships & Development Seasonal Assistant will learn from the Strategic Partnerships team on how to execute, strategically plan, and recap high level corporate partnerships, while also helping to recognize and generate growth opportunities for current partnerships. This individual will gain hands-on experience in professional sports marketing and business development. In addition to other tasks, this person will help with the design, development and execution of thorough marketing presentations for high-end decision-makers from prospective and current partners. They will also interact with key executives and decision-makers from local, national, and international companies, while learning the process of the creation, measurement, and communication of the value provided by an association with the Kansas City Chiefs. This role will start June 3, 2024.
- Support the Partnerships department by assisting the Strategic Partnerships team in their needs to execute pre-game and in-game promotions, activate current partnership elements, support hospitality efforts and partner events.
- Assist the Business Development team in their hospitality efforts when hosting prospective clients.
- Serve as primary contact for season-long departmental initiatives including but not limited to case studies, best practice research, social and digital trends, activation strategies from other teams and leagues, and prominent partner-specific research.
- Provide support in preparing strategic documents for internal usage and partner communication, assisting in the creation of gameday event reports, recap presentations for current partnerships, including social/digital metric tracking, documenting proof of execution, and building presentations decks.
- Provide operational support for preparation of meetings by assisting with the details of a new business presentation meeting or current partner meeting, including room preparation, company research, food and beverage support, etc.
- Consistently provide new, thoughtful ideas, designed to provide additional partnership opportunities for current and future partners.
- 40 hours per week and events/game days.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Game-day activation setup.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.