The Events Solutions Consultant (ESC) reports to a Manager Solutions Consultants and is an in-store sales professional in a Hospitality & Conventions (HC) location. This is a HC customer-focused position responsible for achieving and striving to exceed defined sales targets. The ESC also creates, cultivates and maintains outstanding relationships with hotel/convention center venue staff (especially within the sales and event services departments). The role encompasses extensive interaction with customers, hotel/ convention center contacts, and print decision makers on local sales calls, over the phone, via email and face-to-face. The ESC works with minimal supervision and interacts on a daily basis with customers, Store Managers, store team members, vendors and personnel of the HCO host facility toward accomplishing established business objectives.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Represent FedEx Office (FXO) as the on-site sales and support expert for event managers and other key event participants throughout all phases of events
- Demonstrate consultative behaviors to ensure friendly, polite, and expert service is delivered to customers and host properties; selling efforts should reflect excellent professionalism, thoughtful research, consistent follow-through and persistence
- Represent FXO by attending key department meetings, site visits, planning meetings and pre-convention meetings in the HCO host facility which may include making presentations on FXO’s product and service offerings to decision makers
- Act as FXO’s primary relationship owner for the Sales and Event Services teams within the host venue, hold product/service overview presentations with these and other departments/leaders within the host venue to ensure (1) each department understands FXO’s products/services and (2) venue employees act as enthusiastic advocates for FXO within their property
- Ensure customer and host property satisfaction throughout the entire sales process (pre-event and post-event activities) as defined by the HCO program
- Drive revenue at assigned HCO stores by making sales calls on nearby hotels and convention facilities to identify and secure new revenue opportunities, delivering capabilities presentations in host locations, pre-event selling, on-demand support, post-event follow up and sharing information with other ESCs
- Share leads for upcoming convention/ events in other venues across FXO network
- Take complex job orders and provide quotes to meeting and event planners or show managers; follow up on bids
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of all convention/ event-related work ordered and produced to ensure customer satisfaction
- Initiate timely contact with future groups via email and phone calls at the time of booking confirmation
- Review strategies, activities and performance to goals weekly with the Supervisor; attend sales calls and host property meetings with Manager
- Implements established marketing plans and sales strategies, as assigned
- Maintains accurate customer relationship management (CRM) system data, including daily activities and account updates
- Meet or exceed activity standards as established by the HCO program including supporting multiple HCO locations
- Follow FedEx Office standard operating procedures as well as adhering to Legal, HR, safety and security policies and procedures
- Maximize the FedEx value delivered to each and every customer by working cross functionally within FXO, Services and the other FedEx Operating companies
- All other duties as needed or required
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- 2+ years sales and/or customer service experience required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills including experience presenting to customer groups
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry, preferred
- Must present a personal professional image
- Demonstrated presentation skills to external customers
- Proven strong organization and planning skills
- Proven skills and aptitude to excel in a customer-focused and results-driven environment
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
FedEx Office is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
FedEx Office will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including throughout the application and hiring process, if requested. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations in the application or hiring process should email HR.Recruiting@fedex.com.
FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. If you are applying in Philadelphia, PA, you can click here to learn about Philadelphia's fair chance hiring law.
For more information, click here.