Green Bay Packers Job Posting
As a key member of the Packers’ Sponsorship team, the Partnership Sales & Activation Strategist is responsible for cultivating research, qualitative data, and storytelling that directly result in strategic creative for new business and key renewal pitch decks. This person will work closely with the Partnership Sales team and management in developing customized solutions, tailored to each client’s ‘needs-analysis’, which will result in compelling, data-driven sponsorship proposals. Additionally, this person will also work in partnership with the activation team to assist in qualitative recaps using the same data-driven principles and storytelling to prove the success of partnerships in coordination with the Packers Return on Objectives program.
This position can be located in the Green Bay or Milwaukee Office.
- Lead the development of creative for Partnership Sales & Activation clients and prospects – projects include client or sponsor-specific sales materials, RFP responses, capabilities documents, mock-ups, internal comms, event collateral and social/digital assets.
- Ideate and develop concepts in collaboration with the Partnership Sales & Activation teams that are strategically sound, on-brand and meet the brief. Experience working in the brand partnership/events space is a bonus here
- Work together with the team to ensure all briefs are clear, succinct, and aligned, making sure reasonable timelines are set and output is delivered on time.
- Develop new slides for the Partnership Sales team that effectively showcase new sales assets and platforms
- Strategically collaborate with corporate sales executives to conduct research, develop Case for Business brief, and optimize proposed asset packages.
- Actively participate in partnership proposal meetings to provide additional context to research & asset mix.
- Employ a revenue-driven mindset, identifying new opportunities to generate revenue & exceed departmental goals.
- Collaborate with leaders to analyze pertinent competitive data, develop sales plans, identify category opportunities, and implement long-term strategies
- Using predictive analytics, develop financial projections to present return on investment opportunities to drive new business and partnership renewals.
- Functional expert on partnership research resources including Vision Insights, Wakefield Research Partners, Zoomph, SponsorUnited, YouGov, ComScore & more.
- Able to effectively interpret and communicate market research and audience segmentation data, resulting in data-driven storytelling.
- Provide leadership to sponsorship research committee, identifying & employing key resources/technologies to aid in prospecting, outreach, proposals, & reporting.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders from other departments such as Marketing & Business Analytics to assist in the development of data and measurement strategies.
- Assist in the further development and evolution of the Return of Objectives (ROO) program, analyzing & identifying opportunities to optimize key performance indicators.
- Assist as needed with the development of monthly partnership recaps and reporting presentations.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to benchmark partnership performance and identify activation related best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent training & experience.
- Strong, proven understanding of basic marketing and advertising principles.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the sports & lifestyle global sponsorship market – understanding why brands want to partner with live events & sports properties would be extremely useful in this role
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated and adept at working both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring the team maintains the highest standards for every project, no matter how large or small.
- Working experience of applying traditional and interactive design principles and solutions that deliver best-in-class presentation design, creative activation ideas, sponsorship activity mock-ups, sponsorship asset layouts, infographics, etc.
- A background working in the media/ sports/ entertainment industry would be beneficial but is not critical.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for periods of time.
- Ability to reach, bend, and lift when needed.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
SUPERVISES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
SUPERVISED BY: Manager of Corporate Sales
JOB POSTING CLOSES: February 9, 2024
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description has been approved by management. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing, and duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed and selected qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.