The Washington Commanders are looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join the Creative Department as a full-time employee to assist in the design, development and production of Commanders creative. A successful candidate must be a quick-thinking, creative individual who demonstrates a high level of independence. We are looking for smart, skilled, passionate folks to join our growing team.
From concepting and sketching, to creating final assets, the Graphic Designer will support a broad range of initiatives and campaigns, including traditional, digital, social and print media for both internal and external partners.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graphic Design for digital and print creative including social media, web graphics, ad banners, email creative, print, etc.
- Production design of creative executions across multiple platforms, versioning and file set up.
- Inspire new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design to create and solve visual communication opportunities that brings to life the brand through design and storytelling.
- Conceptualize and execute designs from ideation to completion.
- Work with existing creative and deliver supporting designs, as well as execute original designs based on supporting strategy and brand guidelines.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- The designer will work closely with creative lead to develop the creative needs of the organization.
- Ability to perform duties with alignment to the Commanders Core Values.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of graphic design work experience in an agency or corporate setting – experience with a professional sports team or within the professional sports industry a plus. Deep understanding of design, photography and typography.
- Proficient in Adobe CC, especially Photoshop. Keynote, After Effects and motion graphics a plus.
- Creative, resourceful and an excellent problem solver.
- Excellent design sense, strong conceptual ability, cutting edge design skills and creativity.
- Knowledge and passion for the game of football and cultural impact/stories surrounding the game.
- Portfolio of work required.
Expected to work all home football games from FedexField, as required as well as work from Commanders Park in Ashburn, VA. Business and industry needs require work that may include work being performed beyond traditional hours, weekends and holidays. Minimal travel is expected for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.