About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
TITLE: Analytics Intern (SEASONAL)
DEPARTMENT: Team Operations
REPORTS TO: Data Scientist
NOTE: Must show proof of academic credit.
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC/Orlando Pride, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, positive and passionate individuals who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience. We seek someone with a strong grasp of our culture, superior organization skills, an unequaled work ethic and a creative mind to help us achieve our goals. The selected associate will work under the close supervision of the Analytics staff on a variety of critical activities in support of the Orlando City, Orlando City U23, and Orlando City Academy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn how to implement and document support system and tools for key decision-makers in Soccer Operations.
- Collaborate with analytics, scouting, and other departments to understand requirements and translate them to functional design specifications.
- Learn how to build, test, and deploy scalable and dependable web applications for data dissemination and coordinating work across soccer activities.
- Learn how to write scripts to support data collection, automation, and report generation from league, vendor, and internal source.
- The opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in different areas of Team Operations
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this associate program successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of eligibility requirements, knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary:
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Experience with web development frameworks and libraries (e.g., React, Angular, Node.js).
- Strong knowledge of database technologies (e.g., PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and integration.
- Familiarity with AWS is a plus
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- A sense of humor is a must (prepare to tell us about a good joke in your interview).
- Interns will be working around 20-30 hours weekly, plus gamedays and events.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to provide proof of academic credit.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors and be able to lift objects up to 50lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.