Indulge your passion for problem-solving and embrace the thrill of addressing risk head-on at Gallagher's global brokerage team. Join a family of diverse minds, united by a relentless pursuit of excellence. As part of our team, you'll be the architect of protection, safeguarding businesses and empowering their ambitions. Together, we'll build a legacy of trust and triumph in the dynamic world of risk management.
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. Introduction
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in? How you'll make an impact
The Commercial Lines Associate Risk Advisor position is an excellent growth and career development opportunity. This position reports directly to the Houston Market President/Sales Leader and works closely and collaboratively with our Marketing, Loss Control, and Service Teams to manage our clients’ exposure to risk. The Associate Risk Advisor is expected to meet certain activity and production goals, which are set annually, as well as meet and maintain agency service standards.
Primarily, the role of the Associate Risk Advisor consists of the following:
- Responsible for prospecting, soliciting, proposing, and selling new business and for the retention of existing clients.
- Evaluate client's and prospect's needs to determine the most appropriate coverages and servies. Collect detailed risk and underwirting information and work with an Account Manager and/or marketing team to market and place business.
- Oversee the management of an account, including structuring the insurance program, staying informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required, reassessing and modifying the risk management program as appropriate. Provide proactive risk management advice.
- Maintain a robust pipeline and enter all prospects into a pipeline management system.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business.
Required: Bachelor's degree, 1 year related experience, and appropriate insurance licensing required OR Bachelor's degree, participation in Gallagher's Sales Internship Program (GSIP), and appropriate insurance licensing required OR High School Diploma/GED and 6 years experience.
Preferred: Professional designation may be preferred, including CEBS, CPCU, CIC or ARM.
Behaviors: Act independently with minimal direction. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.