Position Profile: Social Producer
Department: Content and Production
Reports to: Director of Production
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs and 65 Toss Power Trap Productions are looking for a talented, passionate and creative full-time Social Media Producer. The Social Media Producer will work with the Content and Production department to create short, fun, social-first content. This position will work closely with the entire marketing team to create compelling and engaging content for fans across the Chiefs Kingdom. The Social Media Producer position will be required to capture content but will be heavily focused on editing as its primary function. This role will help create branded content for distribution on all team owned social platforms and generate revenue for the organization and allow the Kansas City Chiefs to continue to grow our vast social media footprint.
- Produce and edit social-first content that will live on all Kansas City Chiefs social media platforms and accounts.
- Shoot gameday highlights and atmosphere using equipment such as cell phone, small format cameras and Arri Amira and Alexa Mini cinema cameras optimized for quick turnaround and use on our social accounts.
- Shoot and cover events around the Kansas City Chiefs organization (community, fan engagement, Cheer, etc.)
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to assemble, edit, process, color correct, format, and export video projects from start to finish.
- Strong user of After Effects and motion graphics specifically for social media.
- Edit daily and weekly branded content that will live exclusively on the Chiefs social accounts
- Use media asset management software to ingest and log gameday and training camp footage, such as Wires, Films Top, Films Ground, Films Ground Boom, Films Beauty, Radio Calls, Amira Highlights, and Network Melts.
- Help populate our Chiefs YouTube page and social channels with content.
- Will be shooting and editing content captured in a vertical format.
- Produce and edit content teasers for use on social media to promote internal productions and partnered content across all facets of the club.
- Actively seek out industry trends and new technology elevating and enhancing our social media content.
- Ability to work together in team settings, but also independently on projects as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time-to-time by Director of Production / Manager of Production.
- Technical Skills - Must assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communications - Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Written Communications - Must write clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Background working in college or pro sports a plus.
- Knowledge of German and Spanish languages a plus due to our international marketing efforts.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Will periodically be required to lift and carry production equipment totaling 50-75 lbs.
- Understanding of NFL rules, gameplay, players etc.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively while working on multiple projects.
- Must be a team player, willing and able to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel for shoots when necessary.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required, as well as all Chiefs games, home and away.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of working on the social side of video production field is required.
- Comfortable using and shooting with small and large format cameras (The team is currently using Arri Alexa Mini and Amiras, DJI Ronin 4D, Black Magic URSA Pro’s, GoPro 12’s and 360 Max.
- Proficiency in tracking and measuring the success of video content in the digital space and the ability to apply those lessons to future creative strategy.
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of production equipment needed. (Expertise in post-production, field/studio/location-production, sound recording and program development and execution needed).
- Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Avid.
- Design acumen with Adobe After Effects / Photoshop and Cinema 4D.
- Demonstrated polished communication and learning skills.
- Versatility, organization, and dependability a must.
- College degree required.
*MUST SUBMIT LINK TO REEL OR RELVANT WORK SAMPLES ON APPLICATION OR RESUME. (Don’t make us search for it!)