TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
The Content Design & Product Writing team makes the TikTok consumer product easy and delightful to use through clear and expressive UX writing. We sit in the US, Singapore, and China, and collaborate closely with stakeholders to launch and iterate product features that engage our viewers and content creators.
We're looking for a user experience (UX) content design manager who can mentor, grow, and lead a team through UX, design thinking, well-defined content strategy, and advocacy for the discipline. The content design manager helps their team deliver high-visibility, high-impact projects across multiple product verticals.
As a mentor and coach for your team, you'll recruit talented people, onboard new employees, find ways to help individuals develop their strengths, identify opportunities for them to grow within the company, and deliver regular performance feedback to encourage their team to grow.
As a strategic collaborator, you'll actively build relationships with Product Management, Design, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, and Localization teams, and promote content design within TikTok. To improve cross-functional processes, you'll develop efficient processes, templates, and resources to help the team work smarter, faster, and more effectively.
- Identify opportunities and share feedback on development, improvement, and growth for direct reports
- Drive completion of high-quality content in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Guide direct reports in developing effective content strategies
- Facilitate projects, align on priorities, allocate resources, drive consensus, and smoothen collaboration with stakeholders across time zones
- Ensure UI text meets content standards, and be a champion for best practices
- Align with global teams to drive a cohesive product narrative
- Establish and maintain a positive team culture, encourage collaboration, and develop skills
- Provide actionable feedback for your team to drive consistency and improve content quality
- Define efficient, practical solutions and processes for large-scale problems
- Refer, recruit, and onboard new team members
- 5+ years experience in content design, UX writing, content strategy, copywriting, UX, or equivalent fields
- 1+ years experience in managing, mentoring, coaching, and developing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Writing portfolio including, but not limited to: user interface copy, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides, and product launch content
- Experience collaborating with Product Management, Design, Legal, Engineering, and Localization teams
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and stay focused when faced with changing requirements
- Experience using Figma and Asana
- Experience working on a global product with international partners in different time zones
- Strong interest in social app products, user and influencer behavior, and associated trends
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $137000 - $305000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are:
10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.