TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
Ecommerce's Governance and Experience at TikTok is a global team responsible for ensuring our marketplace is safe and trustworthy not only for our users, but also for sellers and creators. We value user satisfaction and work on policies, rules and systems to ensure quality. We are looking for an experienced technical product manager to drive creator governance product strategies and solutions for TikTok Shopping in North America regions.
As a product manager on our E-commerce team, you will work with teams of engineers, data scientists, operations, product policies and various relevant internal teams to build safety product features and strategies. You will be working on governance and ecosystem features, technical strategies to improve TikTok shopping, as well methods to detect and address risky behaviors and actors in TikTok E-commerce ecosystem.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead product vision and strategize for the listing governance vertical.
- Create metrics to gauge feature success, analyze outcomes, and collaborate cross-functionally to devise action plans and enhancement proposals.
- Drive complex projects independently, define creator eligibility and creator risk product strategies and roadmap, set metrics that inform the success of creator governance efforts, and work with engineering teams to implement the product solutions.
- Prepares product requirements documents and recommendations with prototypes and wireframes based on an indepth understanding of creator experience and data points
- Partner with Policy and Operations teams to create and build product features and solutions to enable creators for e-commerce and reduce risks associated with creators in the ecosystem.
- Work closely with the creator growth and product teams, as well as cross-functional partners, to establish a workflow to critically analyze, prioritize, and drive cross-functional efforts to achieve success
- Leverage a data driven approach to continuously optimize and innovate risk detection and mitigation processes, automate enhancement actions and reduce errors and manual moderation
- 8+ years of experience in product management in Consumer-Facing mobile or web Internet companies
- Experience and expertise in building risk features or managing risk programs at a consumer focused technology company
- Ability to design product solutions based on evidence; proven track record of delivering value-adding products, and/or organizational or process changes that benefit the business.
- Broad technical knowledge and indepth understanding of Machine Learning, statistical modeling, algorithms, OCR and ASR, etc
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to evaluate assumptions, make recommendations and decisions, and drive execution.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while balancing multiple responsibilities, scoping projects, evaluating priorities, and effectively working well within a team
- Understanding of and passion for ecommerce and retail
- Knowledge of user generated content platforms and LIVE streaming is a plus
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to interpret data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and audience
- Flexible and experienced in project management, can lead and operate multiple project streams confidently
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $199500 - $393300 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are:
10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.