TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok's purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible.
Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day.
To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always.
At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That's how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
The Global Security Organization provides industry-leading cyber-security and business protection services to TikTok globally. Our organization employs four principles that guide our strategic and tactical operations. Firstly, we Champion Transparency & Trust by leading the charge in organizational transparency, prioritizing customer trust, and placing user needs first. Secondly, we aim to maintain Best in Class Global Security by proactively identifying and reducing risks while enabling innovative product development. We constantly work towards a sustainable world-class security capability. Thirdly, we strive to be a Business Catalyst & Enabler by embodying the DNA of technical innovation and ensuring our Global Security operations are fast and agile. Finally, we Drive Empowered & Risk-Informed Decision Making by providing our leaders with the necessary information to make agile decisions based on risk. In order to enhance collaboration and cross-functional partnerships, our organization follows a hybrid work schedule that requires employees to work in the office for 2 to 3 days a week, as directed by their manager. We regularly review our hybrid work model, and the specific requirements may change at any time.
TikTok is seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our Global Security Organization with a focus on the Content Assurance Program. As part of the GSO Content Assurance Team, you'll drive the end-to-end delivery of highly technical projects that enable cross-functional security and privacy at TikTok.
- Provide technical strategy and management for Content Assurance program which includes cross-functional security projects across multiple organizations
- Deliver operational security services that include but are not limited to: program management, vendor management, policy and compliance management and support penetration testing activities and remediation, security monitoring, access controls, code review, algorithm data training, and other traditional security disciplines
- Implement programs that meet the organization's information security standards, business needs, and regulatory requirements
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership, providing them with appropriate updates and recommendations regarding the organization's security posture
- Present complex security concepts and situations to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and comprehensible manner
- Coordinate stakeholder work streams across disciplines and regions
- Create and maintain project plans and roadmaps in accordance with organizational priorities; define delivery methodologies and drive project execution
- Assemble teams with the right skills to execute delivery including subject matter experts, project sponsors, and operational resources
- Work closely with security, privacy, and engineering leaders to understand organizational priorities and to sequence and/or deconflict projects accordingly
- Manage various collaboration tools and reporting dashboards to ensure accurate and timely status updates on project execution
- Prepare and present high-level security reports for executive leadership with reports that clearly and effectively communicate the organization's security status, any significant risks or incidents, and the business implications of security metrics
- 5+ years of technical program management experience of varying seniority, including managing a team
- Significant program development experience in some or all of the following: AI/ML, security operations, governance risk and compliance, data science, software engineering
- Experience driving technical programs from scoping to delivery at scale
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience working for a company with a global footprint
- Certified with Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), preferred
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $100000 - $230000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are:
10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.