WORK OPTION: 4 days a week in the Secaucus, NJ office including, nights, weekends and holidays
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 214 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2023-24 season featured a record 125 international players from 40 countries and territories. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with more than 2.3 billion likes and followers globally across all leagues, team and player platforms. NBA Cares, the NBA's global social responsibility platform, partners with renowned community-based organizations around the world to address important social issues in the areas of education, inclusion, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
- This position requires a person who has a well-rounded knowledge of broadcast systems and broadcast equipment, particularly IP equipment based on uncompressed/compressed video formats, and multicast networking including production switchers, routers, video processing hardware, tallies, GPIO control, timing and phasing, serial protocols and communication.
- The individual will be part of the Systems Engineering & Support group tasked with supporting and maintaining the core broadcast infrastructure and architecture at NBA in Secaucus, NJ and at NBA Arenas and other remote locations including immediately addressing live games critical issues as they arise.
- Supporting and troubleshooting of broadcast systems and IP based and network connected equipment such as 3G/HD production hybrid routers, multiviewers, production switchers, IP codecs, and broadcast department network Layer 2/3 switches.
- Provides troubleshooting support when issues arise to support operational standards and uptime.
- Support live environment for NBATV International, production control rooms, NBA Arenas and other technical areas at NBA HQ.
- Check-in all inbound and outbound feeds for technical continuity.
- Interact / Support: Remote Arena Engineers, Production, IT, Operations & Domestic/International Customers/Vendors.
- Create detailed technical reports.
- Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a knowledge of broadcast television standards, workflow, and technologies responsible for routing, switching, encoding, audio processing and distribution.
- Knowledge and ability to handle systems routing, quality control issues, and variations in production requirements.
- Enhanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn.
- Understanding of fiber optic and copper networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively.
- Hands-on experience with 3G/HD broadcasts and 3G/HD knowledge of systems.
- 3 - 5 years of broadcast operations or engineering experience.
Educational Background Required
- College degree in Communications/Engineering or related field
- In lieu a college degree significant field experience will be considered
Salary Range: [[$85,000 - $105,000]]
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.