WORK OPTION: [[In-Office]]
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 214 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2023-24 season featured a record 125 international players from 40 countries and territories. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with more than 2.3 billion likes and followers globally across all leagues, team and player platforms. NBA Cares, the NBA's global social responsibility platform, partners with renowned community-based organizations around the world to address important social issues in the areas of education, inclusion, youth and family development, and health and wellness.
The Senior Broadcast Engineer, GDC Systems Support will be responsible for the entire video encoding supply chain from acquisition to delivery and support core functions of the Game Distribution Center in Secaucus, NJ and remote productions (including cloud production) as it relates to production, transport and added-services workflows.
This role will work within the Systems Engineering & Support group supporting live event services, responding to problem tickets and escalations, completing and documenting troubleshooting steps, escalating issues or situations as requested and/or required and will communicate with clarity.
- The position provides engineering support for NBA Cloud projects regarding content creation and delivery.
- Monitoring systems for technical continuity using QC and monitoring tools (i.e. multiviewers, IP probes, video analyzers, etc.).
- Handle systems routing, quality control issues and variations in production requirements.
- Management of multiple systems and workflows to support the growing needs of Direct-to-Consumer contents.
- Leads troubleshooting and support of broadcast systems and IP based and network connected equipment such as production hybrid routers, multiviewers, IP codecs, and on-prem/cloud broadcast services.
- Responsible for troubleshooting assistance when issues arise to support operational standards and uptime.
- Support strategic initiatives to ensure we continuously improve and iterate on our infrastructure.
- Develop metrics to measure quality and reliability of the broadcast infrastructure and troubleshoot and configure systems.
- Manages interaction and support of Remote Arena Engineers, IT, Operations & Customers/Vendors.
- Able to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Well-rounded knowledge of video broadcasting and streaming media standards including IP equipment based on uncompressed/compressed video formats, and multicast networking including production switchers, routers, video processing hardware, tallies, GPIO control, timing and phasing, serialprotocols and communication
- Experience with workflow and technologies responsible for routing, switching, encoding, audio processing and distribution.
- Experience in streaming technologies like RTSP, RTMP, SRT, and Transport over UDP/TCP, RTP, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with a desire to learn.
- Experience in coordinating with vendors, testing and commissioning of systems and launching new signal flows.
- Experience in reporting metrics and performance to identify areas of opportunity.
- Proven ability to work independently and creatively.
- Passion for the Customer experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Engineering or related field
- In lieu a college degree significant field experience will be considered
- 3 – 6 years of experience working at a national broadcaster, supporting 24/7 live broadcasts, live productions and Headends
Salary Range: [[$115,000 - $140,000]]
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the NBA
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries. NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.