A new global position, the “Commercial Customer-Facing Colleague Excellence & Enablement Lead” will set the stage and define how best-in-class Sales and Account Management is performed at Pfizer in support of strengthening Pfizer’s commercial powerhouse position. This new role will shape, staff, and lead a fast-growing global COE, with other Sales leaders who are passionate about sharing their talents and helping others achieve greater performance and business impact. They will work closely with established Sales leaders around the world, providing perspective, guidance, tools, playbooks, and training where they’re most needed, and where they can best drive the business. They will also work closely with other functions, like Marketing, L&D, CFC operations, HR/Talent Management, compliance, commercial analytics and technology to ensure this is a coordinated and integrated global effort for Pfizer.
- Sales Force Strategy, Design, and Incentives – Develop strategic guidance and playbook on Field Force (FF), commercial subject matter experts (SMEs) and account management structure, design, sizing and deployment options based on market archetype, specialty/TA, HCP and/or other organized customer segmentation considerations. Act as the main interface for BUs/country teams for sales force sizing/optimization and restructure initiatives to coordinate across the CMO/Marketing functions and execute effectively
- Pfizer Customer Facing engagement & Account Selling Model – Define best-in-industry customer facing capabilities, develop standardized selling excellence model and training/development curriculum for sales representatives, commercial SMEs and account management model for KAMs. Also define and develop customer facing leadership excellence model and training & development curriculum
- Talent & Onboarding Training – Work closely with Sales leaders and People Experience (PX), Talent Acquisition (T&A) Management, to ensure Pfizer is hiring, developing, and advancing the best Sales talent in the industry. Works with PX, T&A partners to simplify and accelerate the hiring process and work collaboratively with sales leaders to create best-in-class recruiting protocols, and onboarding training modules to reduce time to be effective in role, across all levels/roles of the Sales organization. Create playbook/training to define coaching standards and excellence
- KPI’s & Incentive Compensation – Help the Sales organization define business impact driving sales and account management KPI’s that can be adopted and standardized among the sales and account teams. Identify customer engagement benchmarks in the industry by TA, specialty, and geography and define how to set high productivity and high impact FF, SMEs and KAM KPIs that are exceeding industry standards. Seek to create standardized, simplified sales and account management dashboards and scorecards that the entire organization will embrace, capturing sales force critical activity, business impact and ROI, and Customer Satisfaction through working with Commercial Analytics. Working with HR and global compensation teams, review compensation plans across levels and geographies, to ensure Pfizer is offering compelling incentives that drive business results. Thinking out of the box and working with compliance and other business partners, this team may create other incentives that motivate the right selling excellence behaviors
- Customer Experience Excellence – Build a customer experience insights eco-system to drive meaningful actions across Biopharma in service of driving an increased Net Promoter Score (NPS), share customer insights and define clear action plans to be implemented by sales, marketing, and other relevant functions to improve NPS
- Sales Operations & Customer Facing Tools – Partner with Operations and Technology teams to clearly define objectives to optimize end-to-end sales operations and the systems, platforms supporting CFCs. This includes capabilities around segmentation, pre-call planning, customer F2F and virtual engagement, analytics and more to ensure positive user experience by FF and high impact at the customer level
- Building a Team – This leader will need to rapidly build-out a team who brings expertise in each area outlined in this scope, including region-specific areas. There will likely be a few internal Pfizer Sales experts who can slide into a few of these roles, but we expect there will need to be some external hiring, too. Ultimately, a high-functioning global Sales COE must bring both expert capability and the right capacity to cover multiple business units and geographic markets
- 20+ years of marketing and customer facing experience with proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep understanding of the healthcare ecosystem
- Role model for the PFE Values (Courage, Excellence, Equity, Joy)
- Strong writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to manage and coach direct reports and agile teams
- Ability to liaise with customer facing leadership teams to set the strategy in key areas like incentive compensation,
- Advanced degree preferred
- Global Experience preferred
- OTC or Rx Healthcare experience – Ideal for this position would be senior Sales leadership experience with a leading OTC (or Pharma) company. The Healthcare ecosystem is extremely complex, and we would like this individual to bring relevant Healthcare perspective and insights, day-one.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 2nd, 2024
- Additional Location Information: NYHQ, EU Pfizer Sites
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $262,100.00 to $436,800.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 30.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Marketing and Market Research