Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Appleʼs US Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers!
In this role, you will continuously deliver relevant and concrete strategic insights and lead market development, offer planning and strategic initiatives to enable the broadest reach and accessibility for all US consumers to our iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Accessories line-up. By leaning into consumer, market and reseller research, and successfully managing key internal and external cross-functional resources, meaningful trends can be identified and compounded business intelligence scaled throughout the extended organization. You will be simplifying, assessing and synthesizing complex structures to communicate value effectively via our carrier partners to the end customers.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience in meaningful positions encompassing consumer/business intelligence, consumer product marketing, product management, commercial management, market research, and /or planning.
- Proven knowledge of relevant market drivers across the “value chain”; deep understanding of consumer trends and their potential impact on the business.
- Strong capabilities to develop new business models, simulate scenarios and build innovative offer or consumer propositions and communications.
- High-level of experience with multifaceted analytical methodologies and how they can be applied through in a commercial/consumer environment.
- Experience in category management and decision-making process of external customers.
- High attention to detail. Passion for using data to create a vision and take partners on a journey through fact based evidence and insights.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined environment juggling multiple projects and partners with different priorities.
- Committed collaborator, able to cultivate problem-solving and bring teams together.
- Excellent computer skills (Advanced user of Excel and in-depth understanding of BI Databases).
- Experience within the US carrier consumer and commercial routes to market preferred.
As part of the US Business Planning function, you will enable long-term growth via analytics of economic, end-consumer, reseller partner and competitor trends, and identify and evaluate present and future opportunities based on business intelligence standard methodologies. You will support senior sales leadership directly to drive increased performance and partner with Business Development and Corporate Market Intelligence teams and Finance to develop and oversee the multi-year US Carrier Business Plan. Your role is essential in finding opportunities, creating solutions and driving internal and external collaboration among key partners.
Additionally, you will:
- Own synthesizing the market trends (industry structure, competitive behavior, consumer behavior and sentiment, macro economic evolution, reseller performance, ecosystem economics, etc.) to translate relevant forces into business implications and potential actions by sharing your distilled analysis with the Sales organization.
- Deliver overall and disaggregated analyses of sales performance (e.g. partner and product growth vs. market/sub-market, share changes, etc.) leading to practical, compounded insights for executive leadership by educating and developing the multi-year US carrier business plan.
- Identify new customer segment opportunities and business development areas (volume accretive) through extensive research and rigorous account planning (e.g. a customer segment Apple today is under-indexing in and could be better served) fueled by monthly / quarterly strategic reviews. Support the evolution of innovative commercial strategies and collaborate with reseller partners to develop implementation plans of these strategic business development initiatives.
- Lead the carrier account planning process and planning tool deployment. Empower sales teams to plan and implement best-in-class account strategies to deliver substantial revenue and profit growth by deploying strategic insight generated by the Business Planning organization.
- Through a continuous and relentless improvement attitude, identify innovative analytical methodologies and telling visualization techniques to turn data into meaningful actions by tapping into innovative tools and processes that can automate, self-serve and inform the entirety of the organization. Scale your knowledge across teams and be the expert on what is impacting the business and a resource for the entire organization.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively within the team and external senior management partners.
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $175,500.00 and $263,800.00, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.