The Columbus Crew is seeking a hard-working and collaborative Community Relations Coordinator to create and implement community initiatives and programs. This Community Relations role will work in lockstep with the Youth Soccer, Marketing and Corporate Partnership teams to engage Columbus’ multicultural communities, implement community outreach initiatives that support the Crew’s community pillars of youth soccer and education, foster positive relationships with local organizations, represent the team at various community events, and help to grow the Crew’s fan base. Ideal candidates will be bilingual and have experience working in diverse communities. If you have a deep passion for leveraging sports platforms to make a positive community impact, this position is for you.
- Assist in the planning, development and execution of Columbus Crew community relations, Foundation and fan development programs and special events
- Create and manage a schedule of community team events and appearances, including player appearances, mascot appearances, community initiatives, and front office/team volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinate and support player appearances, ensuring a seamless and positive experience for both players and the community.
- Facilitate communication between players, team management, and other leadership and stakeholders to enhance the impact of player engagements.
- Coordinate and support community-focused matchday elements
- Assist in Club and Foundation funding efforts, including the planning and executing charitable events supporting the Foundation.
- Work with local schools, community groups, youth soccer programs and other organizations to develop partnerships and implement outreach programs to promote the sport of soccer and the Columbus Crew
- Assist with maintenance of the Crew’s Community Relations and Foundation websites and social/digital presence, including collaborating with the marketing and communications teams to promote community initiatives through various channels.
- Monitor, track and evaluate the impact of community relations programs, providing regular reports to team leadership.
- Stay informed about local issues and trends to identify opportunities for the team to make a meaningful impact.
- Preference for bilingual candidates
- Experience in fundraising, nonprofit, community relations or related work
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience leading groups of staff and/or volunteers
- Available some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to work outdoors in varied weather conditions