Pfizer UK Undergraduate Programme 2024/2025
Pfizer CentreOne / Business Innovation
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be completing placement as part of a degree course at a UK University, either through Year in Industry/Industrial Placement or Gap Year.
Please note, if you would like to apply for this position, we will only consider candidates who complete the correct application form. Please access the Word version of the Application Form here: Undergraduate Vacancies | Pfizer UK and find instructions as to how to complete your application and more about eligibility criteria. Please do not send over your CV or cover letter as they will not be considered.
Learn more about this exciting opportunity below!!
Pfizer CentreOne is a global contract development and manufacturing organization with $6B revenue in 2023. We leverage Pfizer manufacturing plants, science, services, and technology resources to manufacture medicines for biopharmaceutical companies. We have successfully manufactured products for many customers for over 40 years. What this means is not only is Pfizer able to change patients' lives through its own products, but can contribute to the changes made by other organisations too!
You will join the organization at an exciting time as we continuously seek to refine and expand our global capabilities and capacities, industry leading speed and quality to quickly develop assets from product development to commercialization.
What can I achieve and what will I be accountable for whilst completing a placement at Pfizer?
As part of the Global Marketing, you will be working in a global business-to-business environment. You can look forward to developing critical business skills, and being a valued team player. These skills will include communication through liaising with colleagues and external stakeholders, and multi-tasking through working on a variety of projects.
Pfizer CentreOne offers you the opportunity to develop combined business development and commercial skills and gain insights in a broad range of therapeutic areas and pharmaceutical manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of experts in those areas.
Pfizer also offers a diverse environment which allows employees numerous opportunities to grow and develop. This is a great chance to be part of the bigger picture, and to assist in ensuring Pfizer maintains a strong and diverse workforce, as well as developing a talent pipeline of future Pfizer colleagues. It is also a fantastic way to obtain a better appreciation of the pharma industry and the type of roles it has to offer.
Other tasks will include:
- Supporting global marketing and communications projects such as project management, content creation, campaign support, stakeholder co-ordination, admin tasks
- Providing support for the North American, European and Asian sales teams.
- Leading and supporting global / regional initiatives and projects.
- Collaborating with external industry partners.
- Collaborating with Pfizer global manufacturing sites and our Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) (including site visits as required).
- Gaining a good comprehension of technical requirements for pharmaceutical manufacture and Pfizer CentreOne’s portfolio offering.
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the different facets of Pfizer manufacturing, from a technical, engineering, and commercial perspective.
What other opportunities and benefits do Pfizer offer?
- Energetic participation in building and implementing our commercial strategy.
- Participation in a variety of volunteering activities.
- Pfizer offer 5 paid volunteering days per
- Attending or leading global team meetings and cross functional projects
- Training around business development, manufacturing processes, and project management systems
- Participation in project assessment and management, and working with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Pastoral assistance throughout the programme from programme manager.
When can I start?
Placements will start on 2nd September 2024 and will run for 12 months.
Type of person we are looking for, in relation to ‘Skills’, ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Motivation’:
- Completing placement as part of University Degree either through Year In Industry/Industrial Placement or Gap Year
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
- Project management experience and good attention to detail
- Focussed on personal development
- Self-starter with the ability to work freely and as part of a diverse team
- Passion to combine science and business aspects
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we encourage you to put your best self forward with the knowledge and trust that we will make any reasonable adjustments necessary to support your application and future career. Our mission is unleashing the power of our people, especially those with unique superpowers. Your journey with Pfizer starts here!