Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Are you a strategic thinker who excels at tactical execution? Do you love to solve problems and have an uncanny knack for analytics? As part of our World Wide Sales Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) group, you will be responsible for managing data initiatives that enable the business to drive sales, improve customer experience, and innovate the way we lead and support one of the largest channel operations in the world. These data initiatives are typically related to new technical capabilities or to transformation of business processes that support continuously evolving sales motions, expanding Geo coverage and routes-to-market. As a WW Sales BPR Data Analyst, you will execute key initiatives that support a broad, cohesive sales solution strategy.
This role is part of our WW Sales BPR Enablement & Transformation team within the Data & Reporting work stream. In this position, you will leverage your deep understanding of data (attributes, measures, KPIs) in managing and measuring sales processes. You will partner with peers and global cross-functional stakeholders on data and reporting requirements to support build, test, and deploy functional and reporting solutions that improve strategic and operational decision making capability, build customer satisfaction, drive revenue, and/or increase efficiency for the sales organization.
Key QualificationsKey Qualifications
- 8+ years experience in data analysis, business analysis, data management or similar role driving large scale complex business process/technology transformation initiatives.
- Strong business analysis skills, including capturing and documenting data requirements, understanding business needs, impacts and tradeoffs, conducting interviews and workshops, requirements harmonization, and proposing solutions
- Strong data analysis skills along with experience in detailed analysis of source systems, data profiling, measures and KPI definitions.
- Hands-on experience with querying of data and data sources to provide analysis and best practices to present data to the customer
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with at least one major data analytics platform, such as Hadoop, Spark, or Snowflake.
- Experience in maintaining data definitions, data quality rules, data lineage, and data dictionary
- Hands-on experience working with BI platforms and tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, ThoughtSpot or others.
- Solid understanding of data architecture concepts and methodologies.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience and exposure to large-volume data systems
- Experience in data governance and data quality improvement initiatives, including working with tools such as Informatica CDQ, Collibra, etc.
- Experience in delivering projects, while working with multiple teams and across multiple time zones.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and navigate effectively through clear communication and relationship building.
- Strong sense of execution and accountability for the overall success of the program
In this role, you will:
- Document data requirements for business capability build on functional and reporting tools
- Perform data profiling and availability analysis working with SMEs and business representatives to understand current data
- Create, define and document data integration, migration and transformation requirements, along with current-to-future state mapping and non-functional requirements, where required
- Evaluate the quality of the data, identify and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Document data quality rules for key attributes and work with data quality analysts and business stakeholders on improving quality
- Facilitate data harmonization conversations with global business stakeholders
- Participate and support business stakeholders in data governance discussions for key data attributes
- Maintain data dictionary and business glossary for their data domains
- Participate in data testing and validation
Education & ExperienceEducation & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Additional RequirementsAdditional Requirements
Pay & BenefitsPay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $136,500.00 and $205,800.00, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.