Pfizer CentreOne is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) embedded within Pfizer. PC1 is a market leader in the CDMO industry and has received the CDMO award of the year for 7 years in a row. Our objective is to serve as the Partner of Choice through delivering medicines to patients through our customer partnerships, ensuring Pfizer products are delivered in a cost competitive environment (generating cost absorption) and providing outstanding Pfizer quality, reliability, and expertise that our customers expect.
PC1 provides our customers with access to high quality manufacturing capacity and expertise across ~38 sites across the globe and ensures our partners’ drugs are guided safely from development through commercialization. We focus on a range of capacity types across development and manufacturing stages including large molecule biologics, small molecule API and intermediaries, oral solid doses and sterile injectables.
In this role you will have an opportunity to:
- Develop and execute on strategy to manage a P&L that delivers over $1B in revenue and provides an important source of cost absorption to the Pfizer enterprise
- Develop and execute strategy to enable significant growth for the organization
- Leverage strong existing network in the manufacturing space to build and grow partnerships
- Develop and execute a strategy to secure opportunities for development and manufacturing of novel capacity such as mRNA and gene therapy
- Continually explore bold and creative opportunities within PC1s core business areas as well as adjacent areas that can drive impact
- Partner closing with leaders in the Pfizer Global Supply (PGS) organization and Finance to achieve financial targets
- Engage members of Pfizer’s executive leadership team (ELT) to provide updates on the business as needed
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategic business plans (annual Op Plan) and go-to- market model.
- Monitor competitive activity within the CDMO community, determine potential impact, and adjust processes and strategies as necessary.
Reporting to the, the Senior Vice President, Head of Pfizer Ignite and Pfizer CentreOne, the PC1 General Manager will be responsible for managing an organization of ~50 colleagues and ensuring all components of the business are linked to deliver value for Pfizer.
-Development / Pipeline Innovation: Offers development services to our customers in Phase 1B-Phase 3 to continue building the pipeline for commercial stage manufacturing
This role is in a fast-paced environment where agility is key to capturing opportunities and where stakeholder management and collaboration are key. Key stakeholders include PGS LT, PRD PharmSci, Finance, Strategy & Consulting, Legal, BT, Tax and PX.
- Engage and expand reach and influence with key customers, and partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement customer growth strategies
- Review and approve new deals and business agreements with customers
- Ensure a strong Culture of Integrity / Confidentiality as both an existing electronic and physical firewall along with appropriate training of the PC1 organization at site / above site are critical to the PC1 business model.
- Engaging C-Suite / VP and CEO level stakeholders within other companies is a critical component of the role with frequent B2B negotiations led across a group of stakeholders from manufacturing, procurement, strategy, supply chain and commercial functions.
- Corporate Sponsored Agreements: Business portion that enables Pfizer’s divestments of products. We continue product supply to patients while successfully tech-transferring the product to its new owner.
- Growing partnerships with current customers: We manufacture and sell a range of capacity types to several hundred customers. The PC1 General Manager will oversee efforts to grow the partnerships with this customer base over time in partnership with PGS.
- Develop and execute strategy to achieve bold growth
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy for manufacturing of novel drug types such as mRNA and gene therapy and achieve growth targets
- Proactively monitor the external ecosystem and identify bold and creative opportunities to grow within core and adjacent businesses
- Develop a strong understanding of Pfizer’s manufacturing sites to inform growth opportunities
- Own the PC1 P&L, understand risks and volatility and ensure that financial targets are achieved while balancing multiple inputs and risks
- Ensure seamless processes to achieve financial targets
- Agile leader who can navigate complex external environments across all areas of the business
- Manage reputation of Pfizer and PC1
- Lead a team of leaders responsible for driving the day-to-day execution of strategic, sales, marketing as well as operational goals in collaboration with PGS
- Set an environment where feedback is provided and a culture of holding others accountable
- Communicate and champion Pfizer values and culture throughout the PC1 organization
- Develop positive, sustainable relationships with customers, PGS and non-PC1 stakeholders to enable the work of functional teams
- Lead the strategy for the PC1 business and set breakthrough goals to achieve
- Align on shared strategies, goals and objectives with / PGS
- Work with Pfizer Global Supply Strategy to partner with network sites that will support future growth
This is a demanding high profile role. The role is challenging and requires a candidate who possesses the following:
- BA/BS (in Business, Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmacy, or a related technical discipline) required
- 20 years of successful commercial leadership, business development and/or sales, marketing leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in Biopharmaceutical, Contract Manufacturing Business-to-Business (B2B) and/or Manufacturing knowledge or experience
- Ability to be develop and execute bold and feasible strategies for growth
- Ability to navigate complex internal and market dynamics and be successful
- Strong ability to build productive relationships with key internal stakeholders and senior leaders at Pfizer
- Experience managing high financial targets in a P&L in a seamless manner
- Ability to lead, motivate and guide an organization of ~50 colleagues
- Scientific, life sciences, or technical selling skills including individual influencing, team selling and Business-to-Business engagement
- A proven track record of strong executive relationship building and direct experience in biopharmaceutical industry with knowledge of marketing, sales, manufacturing and/or business development
- Strategic Mindset
- Outstanding communication skills and relationship building talent
- The ability to be successful in a matrixed environment with a high degree of flexibility
- Broad people management experience
- P&L management knowledge or experience
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel to customers and key PGS sites is estimated at 35-45%, typically highest Q1 and Q3
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $266,000.00 to $443,400.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer’s Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 35.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life’s moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site – U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development