2024 SPORTFIVE General Summer Internship Program (New York) – Experiential & Production, Intern
SPORTFIVE is seeking to train and develop the future leaders of the sports marketing industry through its Summer Internship Program.
As part of the SPORTFIVE program, interns will have the opportunity to get a first-hand look inside the sports and entertainment world. Interns will work alongside leaders and colleagues to support a variety of projects within their assigned department, will participate in special events and have the opportunity to build relationships across the company.
The internship is open to candidates from diverse backgrounds and all majors, but with a demonstrated interest in learning about the field of Experiential Marketing. The SPORTFIVE Experiential & Productions Department builds exciting and engaging activations and events for a broad spectrum of diverse clients.
The intern can expect to gain practical hands-on experience by assisting with the daily functions of the department, in addition participating in the Summer Internship group project. The job duties will entail, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Supporting all areas of the department including creative, live events and experiences
- Assist all teams with creating presentations, tracking documents and other work products as needed
- Handle day-to-day office duties including sourcing of event materials
- Provide on-site assistance with events and activations
- Assist with inventory of materials in our warehouse
- Schedule and attend meetings, providing call recaps and next steps
- The intern who applies to this position must be flexible with their schedule to include some weeknights and weekends and to attend a maximum of (5) activations/events in the Tri-State area.
- Must be able to lift 20lb
- The program lasts 10 weeks starting on June 3, 2024, and ending in August 2024
- Interns will source their own housing and transportation
- Internships in NYC are paid at an hourly rate of $16.00 per hour
- Internships are scheduled 8 hours per day Monday - Thursday (32 hours) or Monday - Friday (40 hours) plus events depending on the department
- Work is conducted onsite in New York City
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program, at a college, community college or university (2 or 4 year) OR
- Graduated from an accredited institution (as mentioned above) no later than July 2022.
- All fields of study are welcome
- You may apply to TWO internships only (via two separate applications)
How to Apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and complete the application.
- Attach your resume
- Include a cover letter that describes yourself, your goals for the internship and why you have selected this department
- (Optional) Include your best (short 1-2 page) writing sample from any college course
SPORTFIVE utilizes the unique emotional power of sports to create and enable pioneering partnerships in sports. By delivering responsible commercialization, full-service solutions and long-term value for all stakeholders in sports, SPORTFIVE strategically and creatively connects brands, rightsholders, media platforms and fans by leveraging a global network paired with decades of experience and entrepreneurial spirit. As a market leader with customer centricity and vast data intelligence at its core, SPORTFIVE leads the sports business into the future through its digital solutions and aims to be the most progressive and respected partner in sports.
SPORTFIVE operates as an international sports business and marketing agency with a global mindset and network of over 1,200 local experts based in 15 countries active in football, golf, e-sports, motorsport, handball, tennis, American football and many more.