Permanent, full-time, on-site #LI-OnSite StoneX provides institutional-grade global market access, end-to-end clearing and execution, high-touch service and deep expertise through one trusted partner. Clients use our global financial services network and our digital platforms to pursue trading opportunities, make investments, manage market risk and improve performance. Our relentless focus on helping them accomplish these objectives has enabled us to establish leadership positions in a number of complex fields across the global markets ecosystem.Consisting of all of the platforms, products and services available through StoneX Group Inc. and its regulated subsidiary companies, the StoneX network connects clients to the global commodities, securities, foreign exchange and global payments markets. StoneX clients include the producers, processors and end users of virtually every major traded commodity; traders and investors in nearly all securities and foreign currencies, whether institutional or retail; and governmental, non-governmental and charitable organisations worldwide.
Innovative and well-capitalised, StoneX companies put our clients’ interests first by building deeply valued, long-term relationships that emphasise guidance, integrity, transparency and trust. A Fortune 100 company with a nearly 100-year track record, StoneX Group Inc. serves more than 50,000 commercial, institutional and payments clients, and more than 370,000 retail accounts, from nearly 80 offices across six continents. Position Purpose
The Senior Carbon Trader will manage and grow the carbon desk and provide access to markets to clients in both voluntary and compliance markets by offering OTC, futures and options trade execution services.
Location and Reporting
This position will be based out of Miami, Florida and will report to the SVP – Global Head of Carbon Solutions.
- Execute OTC, futures, and options transactions that support commodity risk management strategies in both voluntary and compliance markets
- Book trades in trading control systems and send trade confirmations in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including customers, brokers, traders, and other relevant market players
- Generate new business revenue through identifying new opportunities, client on-boarding and internal cross-selling
- Ensures the market and credit risk on non-traditional transactions is captured appropriately
- Monitors trading activities and exposures to ensure they are within approved policies and limits
- Analyse individual client operations to determine market exposure, price sensitivity and financial risks in alignment with market trends and regulatory changes
- Prepare end-of-day price summary reports and weekly/monthly commentary reports as part of StoneX Market Intelligence platform
- Perform market analysis, monitor trading risks, and identify underlying risk exposure to recommend fact-based risk mitigation and margin enhancement strategies
- Understand the risks and controls of the business to detect and prevent these.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance, Engineering, or related fields
- Master’s degree in related fields is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in commodities trading, with experience in OTC and derivatives’ instruments
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years’ experience in carbon trading in both voluntary and compliance markets (EU and California are a must)
- In depth understanding of the regulatory frameworks behind compliance markets - California, EU and UK is a strong plus
- Knowledge of renewables’ markets and US and International RECs (Renewable Energy Certificates)
- Series 3 commodities brokerage license required (within 3 to 6 months of start date – company sponsored)
- Must demonstrate a quantitative/analytical approach to commodity markets and the use of multiple risk management alternatives
- Ability to exercise autonomous judgment in assessing opportunities and risk
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills
- Original and independent thinking is a must to identify and respond to customer needs through the structuring of effective solutions.
- Thorough and highly accurate job execution skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills – especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus
- Willing and able to travel