The Risk Management Associate will perform economic and financial market analysis, including reporting on physical agricultural commodities, and production, weather, and supply and demand variables. Develop and advise regarding risk mitigation and margin enhancement strategies for clients.
- Identify, characterize, and value financial risk to protect client margins and manage volatility of transactions in the commodities and futures markets.
- Assess risk management processes and functions.
- Monitor financial and commodities trading risks and identify underlying risk exposure.
- Develop and recommend fact-based risk mitigation and margin enhancement strategies for clients.
- Execute physical contracts, financial trades involving futures, and options and swaps that support commodity risk management strategies.
- Prepare and run econometric models for fundamental commodity forecasting and analysis.
- Develop and analyze risk reports pertaining to financial and commodities trading activities.
- Participate in analysis and reconciliation of positions and profit and loss reported by the trading team.
- Ensure the market and credit risk on non-traditional financial trades and transactions is captured appropriately and accurately.
- Monitor trading activities and exposures to ensure they are within approved credit policies and limits.
- Communicate risk information to management.
- Execute futures, options, and versus cash trades for clients and ensure accuracy of trading documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Agricultural and Consumer Economics. Up to 10% domestic travel required.