JOB TITLE: Advanced Level Football Development Coach (Casual)
DEPARTMENT: Football Development
REPORTS TO: Football Development Officers
LOCATION: Wolverhampton, Telford, Shrewsbury, Codsall, Newport, Cannock or Stafford
DATE: February 2024
We are Wolves; progressive, determined, bright, unified and humble. A pack that is hungry for success. Wolves is one of the fastest growing professional football clubs in the UK, and also boasts one of the richest histories in the beautiful game.
Formed in 1877, Wolves was a founder member of the Football League, and was one of the country’s most successful sides in the fifties and sixties. During a two decade spell the Black Country’s most decorated side won three First Division titles and one of its four FA Cups.
Fast forward to 2022, three seasons at Molineux saw Wolves clinch the Sky Bet Championship trophy with 99 points, followed by a seventh-place finish in the Premier League, which included memorable wins over Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal. The next season saw the team complete a memorable double over the reigning champions, equal the previous season’s seventh place finish and reach the quarter finals of the Europa League all as part of the ‘longest season’ in league history, either starting before or finishing after all other teams.
But this post is about not what we have done, but what we will achieve next. We take seriously our commitment to the safeguarding of children and adults at risk and to ensuring that Wolves is free from discrimination and harassment.
An opportunity for talented football coaches to deliver on the Advanced Player Development Pathway at various locations for talented players identified within the Football Development programme Be a key component in the development and promotion of talented players into the Club’s Academy player pathway. Support with the development of Advanced Player Development Squads/Teams that will incorporate fixtures. Coach and lead on Football Development activities and work with staff to deliver high quality sessions.
Provide support on the international programme to grow the Club’s global brand and reach. Update player tracking and liaise with Football Development Officers and Academy staff on evaluation of players.
• Plan and deliver high quality sessions to talented players on the Advanced Player Development Pathway
• Support the clubs ‘Pyramid’ on player movement and prepare players for elite football environments
• Support with the creation and delivery of Advanced Player Development Squads/Teams that will include fixtures
• Liaise with parents providing high quality customer care
• Handle participants personal data in accordance with Club and GDPR policies
• Be responsible for the reporting of first aid and safeguarding incidents
• Provide feedback and player evaluations to Football Development Officers, players, and parents
• Be available on a weekly basis to deliver during evenings and Saturday mornings
• Assist the International programme on the delivery of sessions (UK & Overseas)
• Support International Growth with delivery on Touring groups who come to the UK
• Compliance with Club policies
• Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures
• Compliance with the Club’s safeguarding policies
• To promote the Club’s values
• To work consistently to embed equality & diversity into the Club
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To maintain professional conduct at all times
• This role carries a specific safeguarding responsibility. This means that the post-holder is required to apply all relevant policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable people.
• Football Development Manager
• Football Development Officers
• Participants and parents
• Head of Coaching
• Academy coaching and management structure
Scope of job
• Deliver on the ever-expanding Football Development activities in Wolverhampton and surround areas. (Currently 6 different venues, over 400 children coached per week)