Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About the Team
Join our team and experience Workday! It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Workday Student solutions for midsize and large institutions
About the Role
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Project Guidance: Lead solution discussions, provide feedback on deployment decisions, and drive improvements in design and configuration. These will typically be strategic and advisory roles.
- Sales Support: Advise on content of Statements of Work and project estimates, and participate in sales conversations and demonstrations as needed.
- Ecosystem Support: Collaborate with Customer Adoption Services and other CX organizations to solve problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Practice Improvement: Participate in strategic internal initiatives (such as Multi-Institution) and ongoing practice initiatives to improve our deployments.
As a Student Industry Deployment Strategist, you will be crucial in guiding our customers and project teams through the successful deployment of Workday in key projects, which includes the following activities:
- Product Focus Areas: Expertise in one of the following areas: Student Academic Services plus Recruiting and Admissions; Student Finance and Financial Aid
- Strategic Functional Advisor: Offer senior-level advice on deployment approaches, aligning them with customer requirements and available functionalities.
- Project Leadership: Provide expert guidance on project directions based on our product roadmap and specific customer needs.
- Product Management Collaboration: Work closely with Customer Adoption Services and other CX organizations to discuss critical enhancement requests and validate key design decisions.
- Solution-Focused Approach: Identify and recommend solutions and workarounds for challenges, ensuring project success.
- Escalations: Act as a key escalation point for issues and advise on effective test strategies.
- Readiness Assessment: Evaluate and ensure deployment readiness for projects.
- 3+ years implementing Workday Student solutions in Student Core, Student Records, Curriculum & Advising, and Admissions; or Student Finance and Financial Aid.
- 5+ years of’ experience in the Higher Education industry, either at a Higher Education institution or vendor serving that industry.
- Consulting Skills: Proven track record in consulting within complex product and student functional areas.
- Adaptability: Thrive in a lean, dynamic environment and be part of an emerging product line.
- Interpersonal Skills: Strong in time management, presentation, communication, and effectively liaising with other teams.
- Passion for Software Products: Keen interest in software functionality, customer needs, and problem-solving.
- Customer Service Oriented: A strong desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Travel Capability: Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about software, enjoy learning and exploring its functionalities, and are skilled in communication and human interaction. Your ability to balance technical expertise with strong interpersonal skills will make you an invaluable partner for our deployments.
Embark on a career where your skills, passion, and work can make a real difference in Higher Education. Join us at Workday, where fun and work are not mutually exclusive but principles we live by daily. Please apply now to become a part of our transformative journey.
Our Approach to Flexible Work
With Flex Work, we’re combining the best of both worlds: in-person time and remote. Our approach enables our teams to deepen connections, maintain a strong community, and do their best work. We know that flexibility can take shape in many ways, so rather than a number of required days in-office each week, we simply spend at least half (50%) of our time each quarter in the office or in the field with our customers, prospects, and partners (depending on role). This means you'll have the freedom to create a flexible schedule that caters to your business, team, and personal needs, while being intentional to make the most of time spent together. Those in our remote "home office" roles also have the opportunity to come together in our offices for important moments that matter.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The annualized base salary ranges for the primary location and any additional locations are listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, job duties, and business need, among other things. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, pleaseclick here.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!