Excited to grow your career?
Our purpose is to 'empower people to save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at Hargreaves Lansdown.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. We’d love to hear from you!
About the role
The Product Manager is responsible for the vision, strategy, growth, roadmap, and performance of key digital journeys, products, services, and platforms. Our mission is to use technology to empower and enable clients and colleagues to achieve the best possible outcomes. We do this by building aligned, inclusive, and high performing teams of experts that can discover opportunities and improving experiences through rapid, incremental delivery and high quality feedback loops.
We aim to unlock commercial value for the business through creating a market leading experience, with happy clients and enabled and engaged colleagues. As a Product Manager for ISAs, funds and shares you must have an in-depth knowledge of these specialist areas, including: the client need, regulation, commercials, competition and how to execute across multiple channels.
Salary circa £58k depending on experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Take ownership of a product and play a lead role within a cross-functional team to optimise the client and commercial value it delivers
- Taking ownership of defining a vision, strategy and roadmap for the product – as well as the key performance indicators
- Collaborate with the team to deliver a roadmap that drives value for both the client and the business
- Work with internal and external experts to prototype new solutions, and organise and attend user research sessions with clients, non-clients and third-party companies
- Work with a cross-functional team to create hypotheses and run experiments to validate understanding of problem areas or solution ideas
- Use performance and engagement data, and feedback loops, to uncover opportunities, and make well-informed decisions and recommendations
- Participate in agile ceremonies, such as daily stand-ups, sprint reviews or demos, refinement, and planning
- Actively lead the facilitation of all refinement activities using techniques such as customer journey mapping, story mapping, and clear, well-structured user stories and acceptance criteria for the squad
- Contribute to the wider Product Management Community of Practice
- Experience of working in a commercial organisation within a Product Manager role. Additional experience of working within Financial Services, in particular ISA’s will be supportive to your success in this role.
- User-focused mind-set – able to think from the perspective of a user
- Competent vertical user story slicing using a variety of product and agile techniques
- Proficient use of in person and virtual collaboration tools in a hybrid environment
- An effective and engaging communicator, able to present complex information in simple context, adapting your style to suit your audience
- Comfortable dealing with data and translating into actions
- Able to work in a team or alone and effectively collaborate to achieve common goals plus the ability to self-manage competing workloads & effectively prioritise
- Problem solving skills – with the ability to use own experience to develop creative solutions and resolve complex issues
This interview process will incorporate 2 stages including competency-based questions and a presentation or task assessment of your technical knowledge and transferable skills.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team, based in Bristol head office, BS1 5HL. This role is permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We offer a hybrid flexible working pattern to enable you the option of working from home and coming into the office.
Here at HL, we’re the UK’s number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we’ve helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams, and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.
What's on offer?
- Discretionary annual bonus* & annual pay review
- 25 days* holiday plus bank holidays and 1-day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday (during annual enrolment window, if eligible depending on start date)
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Enhanced parental leave
- Pension scheme up to 11% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme - have a real stake in HL’s future
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Private medical insurance*
- Health care cash plans - including optical, dental, and out patientcare
- Help@hand and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Gympass - gym memberships and wellbeing apps available
- Variety of travel to work schemes with free bike storage and shower facilities
- Inhouse barista & deli serving subsidised coffee and sandwiches
- Join HL’s sports, I&D networks and volunteering groups (two paid volunteering days per year)
- LifeWorks Discounts on services, restaurants and retailers
* dependant on role level
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Recruitment & Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.