Position Purpose: The Market Intelligence Intern is principally responsible for interpreting data, conducting analysis of raw data and formulating reports based upon the research findings. To accomplish this task, the Market Intelligence Analyst works with the client (either internal or external) to understand, define and document the overarching business object. The Market Intelligence Analyst applies qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret, analyze, visualize the data and produce reports that accurately communicate the results to the client. Market Intelligence Analysts frequently present the findings to the client.
- Conduct market research and forecast potential results for a broad spectrum of commodities.
- Communicating with clients to understand and document their analysis needs & objectives.
- Formulating analysis plans and staying to track of them logically.
- Conducting in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods.
- Authoring reports and communicating the results of their analysis.
- Developing semi-automated reports and data analysis dashboard or platforms.
- Making presentations—answering questions and instilling confidence.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance professionally.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
- Proven analytical and forecasting skills.
- Proven communication and presentation skills at a High-level.
- Previous Exposure to Commodities Preferred Resulting in Familiarity with the Commodity Markets Sector.
- Excellent MS Excel skills. Nice to have Power BI, API, Python, R, SQL or other Data processing and visualizing skills.
- Degree work in Economics, Finance, Business Analytics, Data Science &/or equivalent.