About the Role
Location: Mt Lehman Rd & Automall Dr, Abbotsford
Shift: Tuesday- Saturday, 4:00 PM - 12:30 AM
Pay: $23.25/ hour
As the Sanitation Team Lead you will report to the FSQA Manager (or such other person or position as may be designated by the Company). Responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing all areas of the Distribution Center. You must be able to work with team members and perform varying tasks in accordance with all Safety and GMP guidelines.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining proper function of sanitation equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as, assuring that adequate inventories of PPE are kept available at all times.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and areas of work inside the facility.
- Supervises and reviews all sanitation activities performed by the sanitation team
- Reporting progress and issues to the Facilities and Maintenance Manager.
- Ensuring that our waste streams are disposed of as per instruction and training.
- Assisting other team members in Sanitation duties when necessary.
- Following all company safety guidelines and SOPs.
- Working safely with chemicals being used.
- Adhering to GMP and safety policies.
- Maintaining sanitation-related equipment.
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a food processing, manufacturing, or service industry
- Minimum 1-year experience in Sanitation or Janitorial is preferred
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0°C to 4°C)
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods including regular squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Flexible to work overtime, on weekends, evenings, and holidays, as required
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!
Abbotsford, BC (Canada) Pay Range