We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Your Future Role
The primary purpose of the VP Sales position is to consistently attain targeted revenue goals and set the vision and strategy for the sales team. In order to accomplish these goals, the VP of Sales must develop comprehensive Market Unit sales plans to address: growth in all revenue streams, team and individual objectives, performance standards and team priorities. The VP Sales leads a team of high performing Account Executives
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sets vision and strategy for the sales team; develop specific MU sales plans to ensure growth in all measurable revenue streams
- Exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Manage a process that drives forecast accuracy and high levels of opportunity conversion
- Build a network of executive relationships with key customers and partners
- Provide thought leadership internally (Market Unit and VAT) and externally (Customers and Partners)
- Create and drive enablement of wider SAP sales team in collaboration with Sales & Learning, MU resources etc
- Work collaboratively with extended sales teams – Industry, LOB, Marketing, Development, S/4 HANA Center of Excellence, etc.
- Create and manage process for qualification, pursuit, negotiation, closure and implementation of new opportunities
- Manage account and opportunity assignments
- Conduct account and opportunity reviews with RISE Team and Virtual Account Teams
- Facilitate individual growth and development
The successful candidate for VP - Sales will bring the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience selling business software including revenue generating sales and/or sales management roles (preferred) to Federal Civilian.
- Executed enterprise deals with Federal Civilian customers over $7M in value.
- Experience selling enterprise business software and professional implementation services.
- Ability to articulate the Intelligent Enterprise Cloud Value Proposition at all levels within a customer organization.
- Establish and maintain a supportive culture in the team to realize superior results and stability through investment and recognition.
- Must have general familiarity with consultative selling methodologies.
- Sold into the US Federal Civilian Market.
- Established SES and Director relationships with Federal Civilian Leadership at HHS, NASA, Homeland, VA, and others.
- Established relationships with civilian services partners. Ex. KPMG, Accenture, etc.
- Executed planning and managed via sales methodologies.
- Built pipeline generation plans that netted revenue in 12 months and out.
- Knowledge of ETS -Next Program Knowledge (GSA) – Travel Solution for 124 civilian agencies.
We are seeking candidates local to the Washingtn DC area
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 302,800-639,300 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 383545 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Executive | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid