The three core domains that power the HelloFresh business are Customers, Subscriptions and Orders. In the Consumer Core Alliance, the team ensures that customers are able to register for a new account, login, purchase a plan and place an order.
At a high level, Consumer Core ensures that HelloFresh customers can perform these core actions in a reliable and scalable manner. The team focuses on building decoupled microservices to extract the core domains from the monolithic application and enable future business opportunities at scale. The team can do so while being agile without compromising on quality, delivering value to our customers in an iterative and sustainable way with a big emphasis on the team rather than the individuals.
As a Staff Engineer in the Consumer Core Alliance, you will be responsible for helping to design and develop resilient, scalable and flexible software to support our impressive growth as we scale up our technologies and teams. You are responsible for supporting the design, development, and maintenance of our software across multiple teams with various dependencies. Alongside being the hands on expert within a domain, you will be challenged as a senior technical leader and have an opportunity to work with highly competent colleagues on challenging engineering problems and have a great impact on the organization. The role will offer you an opportunity to be able to dive deep into architectural topics and really help shape our future.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Modernizing the architecture for order scheduling, by decoupling services from a legacy monolith and building new services with Kafka
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices and pair programming
- Be an active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Solve software problems that have visible risks, roadblocks, and constraints. Examples might be: legacy dependencies, data quality, compliance, architecture or technology limitations
What you’ll bring
- Strong engineering and architecture experience and extensive knowledge in APIs and Microservices
- Solid programming and architectural skills in one or more of our core languages: Golang, Kotlin or Java
- Professional knowledge and experience of commonly used technologies: Kafka (mandatory), AWS, Kubernetes, SQL as well as best practices
- An ability to mentor other developers, host knowledge-sharing sessions, and act as an advocate for best tech practices, such as CI/CD, TDD, BDD, DDD, Design Patterns
- An agile mindset with the ability to advocate for cross-functional collaboration.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidized childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 80+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.